Mix: Monster Cable, eMusic, Prada phone, Grammy winners
Monster Cable has announced its support of Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ anti-DRM open letter. “DRM is a complex and political issue, but digital music compatibility is even more complicated to consumers and limiting to the industry,” said the company. “We are proud to support an open format and leaders like Steve Jobs who are making the efforts to get us there.”
Without DRM restrictions on digital music, “Sales would explode,” says David Pakman, CEO of eMusic, the No. 2 online music retailer behind iTunes. “DRM has been holding the market back,” he says.
At the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona, Woo-Young Kwak, head of LG’s mobile handset R&D center, said Apple’s iPhone is a copy of LG’s Prada phone. “We consider that Apple copycat Prada phone after the design was unveiled when it was presented in the iF Design Award and won the prize in September 2006,” he said.
Apple has put together a section on the iTunes Store featuring winners from the 49th Annual Grammy Awards. Winners include the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Dixie Chicks, Mary J. Blige, Gnarls Barkley, John Mayer, and Carrie Underwood.
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?