Mix: Monster Cable, eMusic, Prada phone, Grammy winners
Published: Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Monster Cable has announced its support of Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ anti-DRM open letter. “DRM is a complex and political issue, but digital music compatibility is even more complicated to consumers and limiting to the industry,” said the company. “We are proud to support an open format and leaders like Steve Jobs who are making the efforts to get us there.”
Without DRM restrictions on digital music, “Sales would explode,” says David Pakman, CEO of eMusic, the No. 2 online music retailer behind iTunes. “DRM has been holding the market back,” he says.
At the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona, Woo-Young Kwak, head of LG’s mobile handset R&D center, said Apple’s iPhone is a copy of LG’s Prada phone. “We consider that Apple copycat Prada phone after the design was unveiled when it was presented in the iF Design Award and won the prize in September 2006,” he said.
Apple has put together a section on the iTunes Store featuring winners from the 49th Annual Grammy Awards. Winners include the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Dixie Chicks, Mary J. Blige, Gnarls Barkley, John Mayer, and Carrie Underwood.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number