Mix: Best Buy, They Might be Giants, Audio menus, Rapid Repair
Best Buy is offering a Mother’s Day gift set featuring a pink or silver 4GB iPod nano and a variety of chocolates. “This special gift set pairs mom’s love of music with her love of chocolate and wraps them in a charming, polka-dotted box inspired by the prism of iPod nano colors and the retro design that is all the rage this spring.” The gift set is now available at Best Buy stores for $215.
They Might Be Giants have announced that their new album, “The Else,” will be an iTunes exclusive for nearly two months. The album will be released in stores on July 10th, but will be available from the iTunes Store starting May 15th.
Engineers at the University of Toronto and Microsoft Research are working on audio menus for portable media players. “The researchers have designed an auditory menu technique—called earPod—that provides audio feedback when a person drags his or her finger around the touch pad,” reports Technology Review. “Although it’s not ready to replace the expansive menus on real iPods, the results are encouraging, says Patrick Baudisch, a research scientist at Microsoft Research, in Seattle, who worked on the project.”
iPodMods has changed its name to Rapid Repair. “This name change is due to an expanding support base, now including the Zune,” said the company. “We have not forgotten about the iPod though, and will be offering repairs and mods on the iPhone when it is released.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards