Mix: Best Buy, They Might be Giants, Audio menus, Rapid Repair
Best Buy is offering a Mother’s Day gift set featuring a pink or silver 4GB iPod nano and a variety of chocolates. “This special gift set pairs mom’s love of music with her love of chocolate and wraps them in a charming, polka-dotted box inspired by the prism of iPod nano colors and the retro design that is all the rage this spring.” The gift set is now available at Best Buy stores for $215.
They Might Be Giants have announced that their new album, “The Else,” will be an iTunes exclusive for nearly two months. The album will be released in stores on July 10th, but will be available from the iTunes Store starting May 15th.
Engineers at the University of Toronto and Microsoft Research are working on audio menus for portable media players. “The researchers have designed an auditory menu technique—called earPod—that provides audio feedback when a person drags his or her finger around the touch pad,” reports Technology Review. “Although it’s not ready to replace the expansive menus on real iPods, the results are encouraging, says Patrick Baudisch, a research scientist at Microsoft Research, in Seattle, who worked on the project.”
iPodMods has changed its name to Rapid Repair. “This name change is due to an expanding support base, now including the Zune,” said the company. “We have not forgotten about the iPod though, and will be offering repairs and mods on the iPhone when it is released.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0