Mix: Motorola, iPod add-ons, Vending machines, Tokyo ads
In response to criticism that its iTunes-enabled ROKR phone holds only 100 songs, Motorola told CNN/Money that future phones may hold more songs. The company said in a statement, “Motorola has a great partnership with Apple… A whole family of music phones is on the way—some might hold more than 100-songs.”
One iLounge reader has snapped a couple photos of a prototype Kubrick holder for the iPod shuffle. “No longer content to merely clutch your iPod, these poseable Kubrick figures can now serve as the USB dock for your Shuffle. Your Shuffle slots into the top of the figure, becoming the figure’s head.”
PC Magazine has an article on the Zoom Systems airport vending machines that sell gadgets such as iPods. “Apple’s iPod has been a rather lucrative channel for Zoom Systems. The company has phased out the iPod Mini, although the Shuffle and Nano versions are currently available (forget the brutal airport mark-ups) at street price. In addition, Zoom plans to introduce the new video iPod.”
The Cult of Mac blog documents a set of Flickr photos showing a large section of iPod nano ads in Tokyo’s Shibuya district. “As part of their rather unique advertising campaign, huge iPod nano posters now adorn the platform walls of Toyoko Line Shibuya Station. As you depart the train you’ll be faced with a stream after stream of 1:1 iPod nano cutouts, in which you can pull off and take home.”
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?