Mix: Motorola, History, Rush, Health, Yahoo
Motorola CEO Ed Zander says carriers aren’t balking at his company’s iTunes mobile phone. “There is no resistance on anybody’s part,” Zander said. “I don’t know where these rumors got started.” He said it will be out in “a couple of more months.”
Mike Davidson has announced his second iPod shuffle contest, “Great iPods in History.” The aim of the contest is to “place a shuffle into notable historical context. You can modify famous photos, upload audio narratives, shoot video, or even design a mini-site.”
Students in Scotland will be rewarded with iPods and Xbox video game consoles for eating healthy foods under the country’s first incentive plan for school meals.
Walt Mossberg of The Wall Street Journal says Yahoo’s new music service is good, but iTunes is the way to go “if you love your iPod and want to collect music whose longevity doesn’t depend on paying a subscription fee years into the future.”
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?