Mix: Motorola SLVR, Video downloads, iPodMyBaby, Brand survey
Published: Tuesday, November 1, 2005
The folks at Engadget have gotten their hands on the upcoming Motorola SLVR L7 phone and report that the device has a mobile version of iTunes on it like the ROKR. The gadget site notes that there is no headphone jack and speculates that the phone will work with wireless Bluetooth headphones.
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu says that Apple’s announcement of 1 million video downloads from iTunes is better than most expected this soon. “No one had any doubt they would reach 1 million (downloads),” said Wu. “But I think the speed of adoption is ahead of expectations. It’s a good sign for Apple, and its strategy.”
iPodMyBaby.com has kicked off a World’s Cutest Baby contest. The baby crowned the “World’s Cutest” will win a family of iPods (5G iPod, iPod nano and iPod shuffle), magazine subscriptions to Cookie and Wondertime, and global exposure on iPodMyBaby’s website.
Apple has moved up to 41st position in BusinessWeek’s survey of global brands. “The new placing sees Apple rise from 43rd place last year and 50th position in 2003. The reason for this is that Apple is now valued at $7.985 billion. This is $1.1 billion more than last year,” reports Macworld UK.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- iPhone 6 metal mockups spotted at electronics show
- Alpine Electronics announces aftermarket CarPlay products
- Apps: A&E/History 2.0, Ally 3.0, Amazon Cloud Drive Photos 3.0 + Pandora 5.3
- Pioneer officially announces aftermarket CarPlay access
- iWatch: LG to supply flexible displays, September release?
- Alleged iPhone 6 front panel, batteries leaked
- Windows Phone 8.1 supports Passbook passes
- Alpine to release aftermarket CarPlay system
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Tavik Hemings for iPad Air
- Spigen SGP GLAS.tR SLIM Privacy for iPhone 5/5c/5s
- Incipio [Performance] Armband for iPhone 5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- Brookstone Perfect Drink App-Controlled Smart Bartending
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac