Mix: Motorola SLVR, Video downloads, iPodMyBaby, Brand survey
The folks at Engadget have gotten their hands on the upcoming Motorola SLVR L7 phone and report that the device has a mobile version of iTunes on it like the ROKR. The gadget site notes that there is no headphone jack and speculates that the phone will work with wireless Bluetooth headphones.
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu says that Apple’s announcement of 1 million video downloads from iTunes is better than most expected this soon. “No one had any doubt they would reach 1 million (downloads),” said Wu. “But I think the speed of adoption is ahead of expectations. It’s a good sign for Apple, and its strategy.”
iPodMyBaby.com has kicked off a World’s Cutest Baby contest. The baby crowned the “World’s Cutest” will win a family of iPods (5G iPod, iPod nano and iPod shuffle), magazine subscriptions to Cookie and Wondertime, and global exposure on iPodMyBaby’s website.
Apple has moved up to 41st position in BusinessWeek’s survey of global brands. “The new placing sees Apple rise from 43rd place last year and 50th position in 2003. The reason for this is that Apple is now valued at $7.985 billion. This is $1.1 billion more than last year,” reports Macworld UK.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Apple TV adds FOX Now, CNBC channels
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks