Mix: MP3Tunes.com, iPod scuffle, Made for iPod, giant shuffles
MP3.com founder Michael Robertson will launch a new online music store next week that will offer tracks in unprotected MP3 format. MP3Tunes.com will have no major record labels—only 200,000 licensed from small labels and independent artists.
Nitrozac and Snaggy of Geek Culture poke a little fun at the iPod shuffle shortage in their latest Joy of Tech comic entitled “iPod scuffle.”
Apple’s “Made for iPod” program is “a good way to ensure good quality products,” according to 39 percent of Macworld UK readers who took part in an online survey. Nearl 25 percent are less optimistic, suggesting that it is “a way to control the iPod industry.”
Gizmodo points to a handful of strange scenes with life-size iPod shuffles hanging out in a home. “I don’t know what prompted these photoshops of a giant iPod shuffle in everyday situations, but they aren’t half bad, and just surreal enough to be pleasant.”
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?