Mix: MP3Tunes.com, iPod scuffle, Made for iPod, giant shuffles
MP3.com founder Michael Robertson will launch a new online music store next week that will offer tracks in unprotected MP3 format. MP3Tunes.com will have no major record labels—only 200,000 licensed from small labels and independent artists.
Nitrozac and Snaggy of Geek Culture poke a little fun at the iPod shuffle shortage in their latest Joy of Tech comic entitled “iPod scuffle.”
Apple’s “Made for iPod” program is “a good way to ensure good quality products,” according to 39 percent of Macworld UK readers who took part in an online survey. Nearl 25 percent are less optimistic, suggesting that it is “a way to control the iPod industry.”
Gizmodo points to a handful of strange scenes with life-size iPod shuffles hanging out in a home. “I don’t know what prompted these photoshops of a giant iPod shuffle in everyday situations, but they aren’t half bad, and just surreal enough to be pleasant.”
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?