Mix: Music sales, NAND flash, Goombah, EarBuddy
Global music revenue fell 3% to $21 billion in 2005, while digital music sales nearly tripled to $1.1 billion from $400 million the year before, split evenly between online services and mobile phone downloads, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry said today.
Apple has agreed to buy at least 20% of Hynix Semiconductor’s NAND flash memory until 2010, according to documents from the South Korean chipmaker. Apple also said it would increase orders by at least 180% a year until the end of the decade.
Emergent Music is looking for iTunes users to beta test Goombah, a new software tool that provides users with personalized music recommendations based on what other members with similar tastes are listening to. “If you are interested in previewing Goombah, please send an email to [email protected] with iLounge in the subject line no later than Monday, April 4, 2006. Emergent will email you the link and password to the Goombah software, and give $10 iTunes gift certificates (U.S. store only) to the first 100 iLoungers who test the software and complete the brief survey.”
SendStation is looking for owners of its EarBuddy that use it with other earphones besides the standard Apple ones. “EarBuddy users are asked to submit a short review, together with 2-3 pictures of the specific earphones organized inside the earBuddy, via email to [email protected] From all submissions made on or before April 20, 2006, SendStation will draw 10 entries to be rewarded with codes for 100 free iTunes song downloads each and another 40 to be rewarded with 50 free iTunes songs each.”
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?