Mix: Music sales, NAND flash, Goombah, EarBuddy
Global music revenue fell 3% to $21 billion in 2005, while digital music sales nearly tripled to $1.1 billion from $400 million the year before, split evenly between online services and mobile phone downloads, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry said today.
Apple has agreed to buy at least 20% of Hynix Semiconductor’s NAND flash memory until 2010, according to documents from the South Korean chipmaker. Apple also said it would increase orders by at least 180% a year until the end of the decade.
Emergent Music is looking for iTunes users to beta test Goombah, a new software tool that provides users with personalized music recommendations based on what other members with similar tastes are listening to. “If you are interested in previewing Goombah, please send an email to [email protected] with iLounge in the subject line no later than Monday, April 4, 2006. Emergent will email you the link and password to the Goombah software, and give $10 iTunes gift certificates (U.S. store only) to the first 100 iLoungers who test the software and complete the brief survey.”
SendStation is looking for owners of its EarBuddy that use it with other earphones besides the standard Apple ones. “EarBuddy users are asked to submit a short review, together with 2-3 pictures of the specific earphones organized inside the earBuddy, via email to [email protected] From all submissions made on or before April 20, 2006, SendStation will draw 10 entries to be rewarded with codes for 100 free iTunes song downloads each and another 40 to be rewarded with 50 free iTunes songs each.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?