Mix: MyCokeMusic, iPod killing, Netflix, PumpedforSummer
Coca-Cola said that it will be closing its British digital music service MyCokeMusic.com on July 31, after losing market share to Apple’s iTunes Music Store. As of November 2005, iTunes held a 54% share of the British online music market. MyCokeMusic was in 4th place with a 6% share, behind Napster and Wippit.com.
AP reports: “A teenager who was part of a gang that fatally stabbed a 15-year-old boy over an iPod was convicted Tuesday of murder. Brooklyn prosecutor Charles Hynes said a jury deliberated for three hours before convicting Darren Samuel, 17, of robbery and second-degree murder in the July attack. He faces as many as 25 years in prison.”
Netflix said it is considering whether to produce a set-top box that would let Netflix subscribers download movies overnight to watch on their television. “Netflix said no decisions have been made regarding specific delivery options or timing, but a spokesman said on Monday that a proprietary set-top box was one of the options under consideration.”
PumpOne has released PumpedforSummer, a 30-day image-based personal training program for the iPod. PumpedforSummer has 3 different workouts, each consisting of 12 exercises designed to “target problem areas like the abs, pecs, arms and butt.”
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?