Mix: nano 6G video, iOS 4.1 Field Test, AIS iPhone 4, TomTom
The sixth-generation iPod nano’s OS contains code that points to potential video playback features. Erica Sadun of TUAW reports that the device’s internal settings property list contains options for captions and alternative audio, hinting that video playback support may be added to the device sometime in the future; it is also possible that this code is simply left over from the prior iPod nano OS.
Apple has re-enabled the iPhone’s Field Test mode in iOS 4.1, Gizmodo reports. To activate Field Test mode, simply dial *3001#12345#*—once activated, the phone’s signal bars will change to a negative number, with higher negative values equaling reduced signal strength. Users can switch between the numeric and bar signal strength indicators by tapping on the designated signal reporting area, and can leave the testing mode by pressing the Home button.
Advanced Info Service (AIS), Thailand’s top mobile phone operator, has announced plans to offer the iPhone 4 in the coming months. Reuters reports that Singapore Telecommunications owns 21% of AIS, which will become the third iPhone carrier in the country, behind True Move and Total Access Communication. No pricing or further release information has yet been announced.
TomTom has announced that it will offer free adapters to owners of its Car Kit for iPhone allowing the accessory to work with the iPhone 4. Current customers will be able to claim their free adapter beginning tomorrow on a dedicated webpage; the company began shipping the adapter in the Car Kit packaging on September 1st.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Apple to debut reversible USB Lightning cable?
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pako — Car Chase Simulator
- FLA cites Quanta for further Apple labor problems
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- Zagg Rugged Folio for iPad Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today