Mix: Nano economy, Unlocks, Verizon, Toys R Us
Commomwealth Bank of Australia has used the 4GB model of the third-generation iPod nano to compare global currencies and purchasing power in 55 countries, reports Reuters. The survey found that Brazilians pay the most ($369.61) for the device, while Hong Kong edged out the U.S. as the cheapest place ($148.12) to buy the player.
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster has issued a research note claiming that 10 percent of all iPhones sold in September were purchased specifically to be unlocked. Munster wrote, “In late September we spent 12 hours counting iPhone, iPod and Mac sales in Apple stores across the country. During our store checks we noticed many people buying iPhones in the maximum 5 per customer allotments, which we believe were being purchased to be unlocked and operated on carriers other than AT&T”.
Verizon Wireless this week rolled out three new cell phones for the holiday season, including the LG Voyager, a touch screen-equipped mobile meant to compete with the iPhone. In describing the device, Verizon Wireless Chief Marketing Officer Mike Lanman said, “We think it’ll be the best phone ... this year. It will kill the iPhone.”
The iPod touch is expected to be one of the most popular toys this holiday season, according to toy retailer Toys R Us. The chain has released its list of the 20 toys that it predicts will become best sellers this year, and the iPod touch is expected to be the most popular, knocking the iPod nano from the top spot.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0