Mix: Nano economy, Unlocks, Verizon, Toys R Us
Commomwealth Bank of Australia has used the 4GB model of the third-generation iPod nano to compare global currencies and purchasing power in 55 countries, reports Reuters. The survey found that Brazilians pay the most ($369.61) for the device, while Hong Kong edged out the U.S. as the cheapest place ($148.12) to buy the player.
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster has issued a research note claiming that 10 percent of all iPhones sold in September were purchased specifically to be unlocked. Munster wrote, “In late September we spent 12 hours counting iPhone, iPod and Mac sales in Apple stores across the country. During our store checks we noticed many people buying iPhones in the maximum 5 per customer allotments, which we believe were being purchased to be unlocked and operated on carriers other than AT&T”.
Verizon Wireless this week rolled out three new cell phones for the holiday season, including the LG Voyager, a touch screen-equipped mobile meant to compete with the iPhone. In describing the device, Verizon Wireless Chief Marketing Officer Mike Lanman said, “We think it’ll be the best phone ... this year. It will kill the iPhone.”
The iPod touch is expected to be one of the most popular toys this holiday season, according to toy retailer Toys R Us. The chain has released its list of the 20 toys that it predicts will become best sellers this year, and the iPod touch is expected to be the most popular, knocking the iPod nano from the top spot.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014