Mix: NBC streaming, EyeTV 3.0.2, .Mac push e-mail
NBC has begun offering full-length streaming episodes of popular shows “The Office” and “30 Rock” to the iPhone and iPod touch in Quicktime format from NBC.com. The move is unusual in that the network has yet to reach an agreement with Apple to resume selling its TV programming on the iTunes Store in the US, following its removal last December. To view the episodes, visit NBC.com on an iPhone or iPod touch and click “Full Episodes” under “Video.”
Elgato has released EyeTV 3.0.2, the latest update to its television playback and recording software for Mac. Notable improvements in the new version include support for digital television H.264 broadcasts in both standard and HDTV resolutions, support for the exporting of ATSC/NTSC Closed Captions for use on iPhone, iPod, and Apple TV, and other improvements. The update is available now through the Update feature in EyeTV.
Support for .Mac push email has been discovered in the latest build of iPhone software 2.0, according to a TUAW report. Screenshots accompanying the report show a new “Fetch New Data” button in the iPhone’s Settings menu, which enables users to choose between “Fetch” or “Push” delivery for each mail account.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0