Mix: NBC streaming, EyeTV 3.0.2, .Mac push e-mail
NBC has begun offering full-length streaming episodes of popular shows “The Office” and “30 Rock” to the iPhone and iPod touch in Quicktime format from NBC.com. The move is unusual in that the network has yet to reach an agreement with Apple to resume selling its TV programming on the iTunes Store in the US, following its removal last December. To view the episodes, visit NBC.com on an iPhone or iPod touch and click “Full Episodes” under “Video.”
Elgato has released EyeTV 3.0.2, the latest update to its television playback and recording software for Mac. Notable improvements in the new version include support for digital television H.264 broadcasts in both standard and HDTV resolutions, support for the exporting of ATSC/NTSC Closed Captions for use on iPhone, iPod, and Apple TV, and other improvements. The update is available now through the Update feature in EyeTV.
Support for .Mac push email has been discovered in the latest build of iPhone software 2.0, according to a TUAW report. Screenshots accompanying the report show a new “Fetch New Data” button in the iPhone’s Settings menu, which enables users to choose between “Fetch” or “Push” delivery for each mail account.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards