Mix: NewerTech, Dexter, iSkin promo, Theory11
Newer Technology has introduced its new Auto Charger with USB Sync/Charge Cable for the iPod and iPhone. The Charger consists of a simple bulb with a USB port on the back, which connects to the included charging cable; it is available in black or white for $20. Also new is the company’s 3 in 1 Audio/Sync/Charging Cable, which provides both a 3.5mm audio plug and a USB connector from a single Dock connection. It sells for $15.
Speck has introduced a limited edition run of its CandyShell cases, adorned with the logo of upcoming Dexter the Game, based on the Showtime TV series. The cases, available exclusively for the second-generation iPod touch, feature both the Speck and Dexter logos on the back, with a white outer hard shell and red inner soft rubber lining. Speck’s Dexter the Game CandyShell for iPod touch 2G is available now from the Showtime Store and sells for $50.
iSkin is running a Back to School contest for a prize pack valued at $2,500. Included in the package is an Apple MacBook with SOHO MacBook Sleeve and ProTouch Keyboard Protector, a 16GB iPod touch 2G with Vibes case, an iSkin Cerulean Bluetooth headset, an Apple Might Mouse with matching ProTouch cover, a $50 iSkin Online Gift Card, and 50 free downloads from eMusic. Entries are being accepted on the contest page and no purchase is necessary to enter; the contest will end on September 15.
Apple Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing Phil Schiller has for the third time emailed a developer upset over an App Store rejection. According to a Dow Jones Newswires report, Schiller emailed Chris Kenner of the magic site Theory11.com to discuss the rejection of the company’s “rising card” trick application, which Apple reviewers claimed created “consumer confusion.” Although details of the correspondence have not been revealed, Kenner and Schiller are expected to discuss the matter today. Theory11 CEO Jonathan Bayme commented, “It’s frustrating to us as a developer to have it just sitting there and hoping that Phil could intervene.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple to unveil iWatch with new iPhones on September 9
- iPhone 6 parts leak reveals front panel variation
- Bloomberg: Apple now plans 12.9” iPad for early 2015
- More new Apple TV channels: SVT Play in Sweden, NRK in Norway
- Showtime Anytime channel comes to Apple TV
- LA Unified School District suspends iPad contract
- iTunes Festival channel returns to Apple TV
- Apple launches iPhone 5 battery replacement program
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
- Apple removes Secret app from Brazilian App Store
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today