Mix: NewerTech, Dexter, iSkin promo, Theory11
Newer Technology has introduced its new Auto Charger with USB Sync/Charge Cable for the iPod and iPhone. The Charger consists of a simple bulb with a USB port on the back, which connects to the included charging cable; it is available in black or white for $20. Also new is the company’s 3 in 1 Audio/Sync/Charging Cable, which provides both a 3.5mm audio plug and a USB connector from a single Dock connection. It sells for $15.
Speck has introduced a limited edition run of its CandyShell cases, adorned with the logo of upcoming Dexter the Game, based on the Showtime TV series. The cases, available exclusively for the second-generation iPod touch, feature both the Speck and Dexter logos on the back, with a white outer hard shell and red inner soft rubber lining. Speck’s Dexter the Game CandyShell for iPod touch 2G is available now from the Showtime Store and sells for $50.
iSkin is running a Back to School contest for a prize pack valued at $2,500. Included in the package is an Apple MacBook with SOHO MacBook Sleeve and ProTouch Keyboard Protector, a 16GB iPod touch 2G with Vibes case, an iSkin Cerulean Bluetooth headset, an Apple Might Mouse with matching ProTouch cover, a $50 iSkin Online Gift Card, and 50 free downloads from eMusic. Entries are being accepted on the contest page and no purchase is necessary to enter; the contest will end on September 15.
Apple Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing Phil Schiller has for the third time emailed a developer upset over an App Store rejection. According to a Dow Jones Newswires report, Schiller emailed Chris Kenner of the magic site Theory11.com to discuss the rejection of the company’s “rising card” trick application, which Apple reviewers claimed created “consumer confusion.” Although details of the correspondence have not been revealed, Kenner and Schiller are expected to discuss the matter today. Theory11 CEO Jonathan Bayme commented, “It’s frustrating to us as a developer to have it just sitting there and hoping that Phil could intervene.”
- WSJ: New Apple music service to debut at WWDC
- Updated Apple document claims Apple Watch won’t measure heart rate while in motion
- Report: Apple pursuing Drake for iTunes Radio guest DJ
- Typo to stop selling iPhone keyboard cases
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?