Mix: NewerTech, Dexter, iSkin promo, Theory11
Newer Technology has introduced its new Auto Charger with USB Sync/Charge Cable for the iPod and iPhone. The Charger consists of a simple bulb with a USB port on the back, which connects to the included charging cable; it is available in black or white for $20. Also new is the company’s 3 in 1 Audio/Sync/Charging Cable, which provides both a 3.5mm audio plug and a USB connector from a single Dock connection. It sells for $15.
Speck has introduced a limited edition run of its CandyShell cases, adorned with the logo of upcoming Dexter the Game, based on the Showtime TV series. The cases, available exclusively for the second-generation iPod touch, feature both the Speck and Dexter logos on the back, with a white outer hard shell and red inner soft rubber lining. Speck’s Dexter the Game CandyShell for iPod touch 2G is available now from the Showtime Store and sells for $50.
iSkin is running a Back to School contest for a prize pack valued at $2,500. Included in the package is an Apple MacBook with SOHO MacBook Sleeve and ProTouch Keyboard Protector, a 16GB iPod touch 2G with Vibes case, an iSkin Cerulean Bluetooth headset, an Apple Might Mouse with matching ProTouch cover, a $50 iSkin Online Gift Card, and 50 free downloads from eMusic. Entries are being accepted on the contest page and no purchase is necessary to enter; the contest will end on September 15.
Apple Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing Phil Schiller has for the third time emailed a developer upset over an App Store rejection. According to a Dow Jones Newswires report, Schiller emailed Chris Kenner of the magic site Theory11.com to discuss the rejection of the company’s “rising card” trick application, which Apple reviewers claimed created “consumer confusion.” Although details of the correspondence have not been revealed, Kenner and Schiller are expected to discuss the matter today. Theory11 CEO Jonathan Bayme commented, “It’s frustrating to us as a developer to have it just sitting there and hoping that Phil could intervene.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12