Mix: NewerTech, Dexter, iSkin promo, Theory11
Newer Technology has introduced its new Auto Charger with USB Sync/Charge Cable for the iPod and iPhone. The Charger consists of a simple bulb with a USB port on the back, which connects to the included charging cable; it is available in black or white for $20. Also new is the company’s 3 in 1 Audio/Sync/Charging Cable, which provides both a 3.5mm audio plug and a USB connector from a single Dock connection. It sells for $15.
Speck has introduced a limited edition run of its CandyShell cases, adorned with the logo of upcoming Dexter the Game, based on the Showtime TV series. The cases, available exclusively for the second-generation iPod touch, feature both the Speck and Dexter logos on the back, with a white outer hard shell and red inner soft rubber lining. Speck’s Dexter the Game CandyShell for iPod touch 2G is available now from the Showtime Store and sells for $50.
iSkin is running a Back to School contest for a prize pack valued at $2,500. Included in the package is an Apple MacBook with SOHO MacBook Sleeve and ProTouch Keyboard Protector, a 16GB iPod touch 2G with Vibes case, an iSkin Cerulean Bluetooth headset, an Apple Might Mouse with matching ProTouch cover, a $50 iSkin Online Gift Card, and 50 free downloads from eMusic. Entries are being accepted on the contest page and no purchase is necessary to enter; the contest will end on September 15.
Apple Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing Phil Schiller has for the third time emailed a developer upset over an App Store rejection. According to a Dow Jones Newswires report, Schiller emailed Chris Kenner of the magic site Theory11.com to discuss the rejection of the company’s “rising card” trick application, which Apple reviewers claimed created “consumer confusion.” Although details of the correspondence have not been revealed, Kenner and Schiller are expected to discuss the matter today. Theory11 CEO Jonathan Bayme commented, “It’s frustrating to us as a developer to have it just sitting there and hoping that Phil could intervene.”
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?