Mix: NLU Products, Universal on iTunes UK, Payless, Proporta Dock
BodyGuardz maker NLU Products has launched a new customer appreciation program called Advantage. The program, which will be open to all customers, will offer free lifetime replacements, a 30-day money back guarantee, special offers, and a referral program. “We are dedicated to ensuring that every device our customers own, and even those that they purchase in the future, is properly protected,” said Kirk Feller, President of NLU Products. “Our new Advantage Program rewards our customers for their business and gives them a real incentive to come back to us whenever they need outstanding protection for their electronics.”
Despite the public spat between NBC Universal and Apple, TV shows from the studio have been added to the U.K. iTunes Store. Programs now available include “Heroes,” “House,” “Eureka,” “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys,” and “The Incredible Hulk.” Episodes from current shows cost £1.89 each, while episodes of older shows such as “Hulk” sell for £1.19 each. Interestingly, TV programming from NBC Universal was also added to iTunes rival Zune Marketplace today.
Payless Car Rental has launched a new website optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. Features of the new site include rental booking, a “Call to Book” button to connect users to Payless’ call center, and links to each rental location’s contact information and maps. “Payless saw the need to create a slimmed-down version of its new website for the iPhone and iPod Touch community,” said Jeff Lin, Project Leader of Payless’ web marketing strategy team. “Payless’ iPhone interface adds convenience and loads up faster than a full website would on an iPhone or iPod Touch. By pointing their iPhone or iPod Touch to PaylessCarRental.com, iPhone and iPod Touch users can book a car in just three easy steps.”
Proporta has introduced its new Universal iPod Dock (pictured). The round Dock includes inserts for the 80GB and 160GB iPod classic, third-generation iPod nano, iPod touch, and iPhone, and serves as a charger when used with the standard Apple iPod USB cable. The Proporta Universal iPod Dock will be available in black or white at the end of May, and sells for $22.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Reuters: Backlight redesign disrupted iPhone 6 production
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today