Mix: NLU Products, Universal on iTunes UK, Payless, Proporta Dock
BodyGuardz maker NLU Products has launched a new customer appreciation program called Advantage. The program, which will be open to all customers, will offer free lifetime replacements, a 30-day money back guarantee, special offers, and a referral program. “We are dedicated to ensuring that every device our customers own, and even those that they purchase in the future, is properly protected,” said Kirk Feller, President of NLU Products. “Our new Advantage Program rewards our customers for their business and gives them a real incentive to come back to us whenever they need outstanding protection for their electronics.”
Despite the public spat between NBC Universal and Apple, TV shows from the studio have been added to the U.K. iTunes Store. Programs now available include “Heroes,” “House,” “Eureka,” “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys,” and “The Incredible Hulk.” Episodes from current shows cost £1.89 each, while episodes of older shows such as “Hulk” sell for £1.19 each. Interestingly, TV programming from NBC Universal was also added to iTunes rival Zune Marketplace today.
Payless Car Rental has launched a new website optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. Features of the new site include rental booking, a “Call to Book” button to connect users to Payless’ call center, and links to each rental location’s contact information and maps. “Payless saw the need to create a slimmed-down version of its new website for the iPhone and iPod Touch community,” said Jeff Lin, Project Leader of Payless’ web marketing strategy team. “Payless’ iPhone interface adds convenience and loads up faster than a full website would on an iPhone or iPod Touch. By pointing their iPhone or iPod Touch to PaylessCarRental.com, iPhone and iPod Touch users can book a car in just three easy steps.”
Proporta has introduced its new Universal iPod Dock (pictured). The round Dock includes inserts for the 80GB and 160GB iPod classic, third-generation iPod nano, iPod touch, and iPhone, and serves as a charger when used with the standard Apple iPod USB cable. The Proporta Universal iPod Dock will be available in black or white at the end of May, and sells for $22.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?