Mix: NLU Products, Universal on iTunes UK, Payless, Proporta Dock
BodyGuardz maker NLU Products has launched a new customer appreciation program called Advantage. The program, which will be open to all customers, will offer free lifetime replacements, a 30-day money back guarantee, special offers, and a referral program. “We are dedicated to ensuring that every device our customers own, and even those that they purchase in the future, is properly protected,” said Kirk Feller, President of NLU Products. “Our new Advantage Program rewards our customers for their business and gives them a real incentive to come back to us whenever they need outstanding protection for their electronics.”
Despite the public spat between NBC Universal and Apple, TV shows from the studio have been added to the U.K. iTunes Store. Programs now available include “Heroes,” “House,” “Eureka,” “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys,” and “The Incredible Hulk.” Episodes from current shows cost £1.89 each, while episodes of older shows such as “Hulk” sell for £1.19 each. Interestingly, TV programming from NBC Universal was also added to iTunes rival Zune Marketplace today.
Payless Car Rental has launched a new website optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. Features of the new site include rental booking, a “Call to Book” button to connect users to Payless’ call center, and links to each rental location’s contact information and maps. “Payless saw the need to create a slimmed-down version of its new website for the iPhone and iPod Touch community,” said Jeff Lin, Project Leader of Payless’ web marketing strategy team. “Payless’ iPhone interface adds convenience and loads up faster than a full website would on an iPhone or iPod Touch. By pointing their iPhone or iPod Touch to PaylessCarRental.com, iPhone and iPod Touch users can book a car in just three easy steps.”
Proporta has introduced its new Universal iPod Dock (pictured). The round Dock includes inserts for the 80GB and 160GB iPod classic, third-generation iPod nano, iPod touch, and iPhone, and serves as a charger when used with the standard Apple iPod USB cable. The Proporta Universal iPod Dock will be available in black or white at the end of May, and sells for $22.
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Apple adds transit directions for Boston, Sydney
- Apple acquires artificial intelligence firm Perceptio
- Apple rolls out app thinning in iOS 9.0.2
- Apple Pay transaction numbers still low overall
- Apple releases Apple Watch Hermès collection
- Apple to open Apple TV’s universal search API to more content providers
- Adobe releases Photoshop Fix, Capture CC apps for iOS
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?