Mix: NLU Products, Universal on iTunes UK, Payless, Proporta Dock
BodyGuardz maker NLU Products has launched a new customer appreciation program called Advantage. The program, which will be open to all customers, will offer free lifetime replacements, a 30-day money back guarantee, special offers, and a referral program. “We are dedicated to ensuring that every device our customers own, and even those that they purchase in the future, is properly protected,” said Kirk Feller, President of NLU Products. “Our new Advantage Program rewards our customers for their business and gives them a real incentive to come back to us whenever they need outstanding protection for their electronics.”
Despite the public spat between NBC Universal and Apple, TV shows from the studio have been added to the U.K. iTunes Store. Programs now available include “Heroes,” “House,” “Eureka,” “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys,” and “The Incredible Hulk.” Episodes from current shows cost £1.89 each, while episodes of older shows such as “Hulk” sell for £1.19 each. Interestingly, TV programming from NBC Universal was also added to iTunes rival Zune Marketplace today.
Payless Car Rental has launched a new website optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. Features of the new site include rental booking, a “Call to Book” button to connect users to Payless’ call center, and links to each rental location’s contact information and maps. “Payless saw the need to create a slimmed-down version of its new website for the iPhone and iPod Touch community,” said Jeff Lin, Project Leader of Payless’ web marketing strategy team. “Payless’ iPhone interface adds convenience and loads up faster than a full website would on an iPhone or iPod Touch. By pointing their iPhone or iPod Touch to PaylessCarRental.com, iPhone and iPod Touch users can book a car in just three easy steps.”
Proporta has introduced its new Universal iPod Dock (pictured). The round Dock includes inserts for the 80GB and 160GB iPod classic, third-generation iPod nano, iPod touch, and iPhone, and serves as a charger when used with the standard Apple iPod USB cable. The Proporta Universal iPod Dock will be available in black or white at the end of May, and sells for $22.
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- Malware steals 225,000+ Apple account logins from jailbroken iPhones
- Apple announces partnership with Cisco for iOS business users
- Report: New Apple TV to support Bluetooth gaming controllers
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple to make Apple Camp program available year-round
- Apple hiring ex-Microsoft employee hints at augmented reality plans
- Judge limits further filings in patent case between Apple and Samsung
- Report: New Apple TV less than $200, arriving in October
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?