Mix: Nokia, NYPD, V-Moda, Google, Mediafour
Nokia has introduced its Comes With Music program, which enables users to purchase a Nokia device with a year of unlimited access to “millions of tracks” from Universal Music Group. “We set out to create the music experience that people are telling us they are looking for - all the music they want in the form of unlimited downloads to their mobile device and PC,” said Anssi Vanjoki, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Multimedia for Nokia.
The New York Police Department is handing out iPods filled with subject matter including criminal procedure, New York State Penal Law, warrants, ethics and community policing to academy recruits to allow them to listen to and watch coursework on the subway. “Now a recruit can watch a class on ‘search and seizure’ while going home on the subway,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said in a statement.
V-Moda has announced the addition of five colors to its Vibe Duo, Vibe, and Bass Freq earphone lines. Vibe Duo is now available in new Chrome and Gunmetal Rouge, the Vibe in new Midnight Blue, and the Bass Freq collection in Jaded and Rouge to match the new green and (PRODUCT) Red Special Edition iPod nano and shuffle.
Google has announced its list of the fastest-rising search terms in the US in 2007, with the iPhone topping the list. “iPhone, of course, is a word very few people typed in a search box in 2006,” said Marissa Mayer of Google. “It didn’t exist.” The iPhone also topped Google’s list of the fastest-rising global search terms.
Mediafour has announced its Holiday Prize Pack giveaway. From now through the end of December, purchasers of the company’s MacDrive 7, XPlay 2, or Media Boss software will be eligible to win one of three prize packs, each specific to the application purchased. Appropriately, the Xplay 2 prize pack includes an iPod classic, iPod nano (with video), and an iPod shuffle.
- Apple releases iOS 10.0.2 to fix headphone controls, iCloud Photo Library
- Report: Apple’s Siri home hub has reached the prototype stage
- Apple acquires machine learning company Tuplejump
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 public beta
- iOS 10.1 beta adds ‘Portrait’ Depth of Field effect
- Apple releases first iOS 10.1, watchOS 3.1, tvOS 10.0.1 developer betas
- Report: Apple considering acquisition of high-performance car maker McLaren (Update: and Lit Motors)
- Google brings Allo messaging app to iOS
- Apple working on fix for Lightning EarPods glitch
- DisplayMate says iPhone 7 has the ‘best performing mobile LCD display’
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sevenhugs hugOne Sleep Monitoring System
- Kanex GoPower Watch Portable Battery for Apple Watch
- Nuvyyo Tablo Over-the-Air Television DVR
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps