Mix: Nokia, NYPD, V-Moda, Google, Mediafour
Nokia has introduced its Comes With Music program, which enables users to purchase a Nokia device with a year of unlimited access to “millions of tracks” from Universal Music Group. “We set out to create the music experience that people are telling us they are looking for - all the music they want in the form of unlimited downloads to their mobile device and PC,” said Anssi Vanjoki, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Multimedia for Nokia.
The New York Police Department is handing out iPods filled with subject matter including criminal procedure, New York State Penal Law, warrants, ethics and community policing to academy recruits to allow them to listen to and watch coursework on the subway. “Now a recruit can watch a class on ‘search and seizure’ while going home on the subway,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said in a statement.
V-Moda has announced the addition of five colors to its Vibe Duo, Vibe, and Bass Freq earphone lines. Vibe Duo is now available in new Chrome and Gunmetal Rouge, the Vibe in new Midnight Blue, and the Bass Freq collection in Jaded and Rouge to match the new green and (PRODUCT) Red Special Edition iPod nano and shuffle.
Google has announced its list of the fastest-rising search terms in the US in 2007, with the iPhone topping the list. “iPhone, of course, is a word very few people typed in a search box in 2006,” said Marissa Mayer of Google. “It didn’t exist.” The iPhone also topped Google’s list of the fastest-rising global search terms.
Mediafour has announced its Holiday Prize Pack giveaway. From now through the end of December, purchasers of the company’s MacDrive 7, XPlay 2, or Media Boss software will be eligible to win one of three prize packs, each specific to the application purchased. Appropriately, the Xplay 2 prize pack includes an iPod classic, iPod nano (with video), and an iPod shuffle.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015