Mix: Nokia, NYPD, V-Moda, Google, Mediafour
Nokia has introduced its Comes With Music program, which enables users to purchase a Nokia device with a year of unlimited access to “millions of tracks” from Universal Music Group. “We set out to create the music experience that people are telling us they are looking for - all the music they want in the form of unlimited downloads to their mobile device and PC,” said Anssi Vanjoki, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Multimedia for Nokia.
The New York Police Department is handing out iPods filled with subject matter including criminal procedure, New York State Penal Law, warrants, ethics and community policing to academy recruits to allow them to listen to and watch coursework on the subway. “Now a recruit can watch a class on ‘search and seizure’ while going home on the subway,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said in a statement.
V-Moda has announced the addition of five colors to its Vibe Duo, Vibe, and Bass Freq earphone lines. Vibe Duo is now available in new Chrome and Gunmetal Rouge, the Vibe in new Midnight Blue, and the Bass Freq collection in Jaded and Rouge to match the new green and (PRODUCT) Red Special Edition iPod nano and shuffle.
Google has announced its list of the fastest-rising search terms in the US in 2007, with the iPhone topping the list. “iPhone, of course, is a word very few people typed in a search box in 2006,” said Marissa Mayer of Google. “It didn’t exist.” The iPhone also topped Google’s list of the fastest-rising global search terms.
Mediafour has announced its Holiday Prize Pack giveaway. From now through the end of December, purchasers of the company’s MacDrive 7, XPlay 2, or Media Boss software will be eligible to win one of three prize packs, each specific to the application purchased. Appropriately, the Xplay 2 prize pack includes an iPod classic, iPod nano (with video), and an iPod shuffle.
- Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
- Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
- Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
- Mix: iPad 3, Semiconductors, Foxconn, 2011 ADAs
- Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
- Mix: Explosion, France Telecom, Freescale, Samsung
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- China Mobile subsidiary briefly takes iPhone preorders
- Apple acquires social analytics firm Topsy Labs
- Apple posts shipping deadlines for Dec. 24 delivery
- Apple offers 0% online hardware financing in Europe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- Nest Labs Nest Protect Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Mobee Technology Magic Juice
- Skech Glow for iPhone 5/5s
- Jawbone UP24
- Misfit Wearables Shine Personal Physical Activity Monitor
- Dane-Elec Media Streamer
- Nimblstand Nimblstand for iPad
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts
- Internet access from Wi-Fi iPad via iPhone