Mix: Norway council, Creative sales, PSP sales, PortalPlayer
Published: Friday, January 27, 2006
The Consumer Council of Norway has filed a complaint to the Norwegian Consumer Ombubudsman, asking that he review the iTunes terms of service, which the council considers to be illegal.
A struggling Creative Technology reported a 31% drop in second quarter net profit. The company said it sold only 2.6 million MP3 players during the holiday quarter, compared to Apple’s 14 million.
Meanwhile, Sony reported positive earnings for the busy quarter and said it shipped more than 6.2 million PSPs. More than 15 million PSPs have now been shipped worldwide.
PortalPlayer, whose chips are used in iPods, said Thursday that its fourth quarter profit more than doubled. The company’s earnings rose to $23.8 million from $10.5 million a year ago.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Pioneer working on aftermarket CarPlay solutions
- iTunes Radio could be standalone app in iOS 8
- Apple drops iPhone return policy to 14 days
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Beats Electronics Beats Pill XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Beats Electronics Beats Pill 2.0 Bluetooth Speaker
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number