Mix: Norway council, Creative sales, PSP sales, PortalPlayer
The Consumer Council of Norway has filed a complaint to the Norwegian Consumer Ombubudsman, asking that he review the iTunes terms of service, which the council considers to be illegal.
A struggling Creative Technology reported a 31% drop in second quarter net profit. The company said it sold only 2.6 million MP3 players during the holiday quarter, compared to Apple’s 14 million.
Meanwhile, Sony reported positive earnings for the busy quarter and said it shipped more than 6.2 million PSPs. More than 15 million PSPs have now been shipped worldwide.
PortalPlayer, whose chips are used in iPods, said Thursday that its fourth quarter profit more than doubled. The company’s earnings rose to $23.8 million from $10.5 million a year ago.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?