Mix: Opera Mini, Tap Tap NIN, Classics
According to recent statements given to the New York Times by Opera Software co-founder Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner, Apple has rejected a version of the company’s Opera Mini browser from the App Store. The report states that Opera’s developers have produced a version of Opera Mini that can run on the iPhone, but that Apple is barring its release because it competes with Apple’s own Safari browser.
Tapulous has released the Nine Inch Nails edition of its popular iPhone and iPod touch rhythm game Tap Tap Revenge. The game includes 13 NIN tracks from The Slip and Ghosts I-IV, multi-player mode, and NIN-themed graphics. Tap Tap Revenge: Nine Inch Nails Edition is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Andrew Kaz and Phillip Ryu have released Classics, a new book reading application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Classics offers users a unique interface that mimics that of a real book, along with an integrated progress display, a table of contents button for quick navigation, visual bookmarks, and a virtual bookcase view for sorting through the offerings. Classics comes pre-loaded with books such as The Time Machine, Paradise Lost, and The Jungle Book; the developers promise to add more books to the collection via free updates. Classics is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?