Mix: Opera Mini, Tap Tap NIN, Classics
According to recent statements given to the New York Times by Opera Software co-founder Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner, Apple has rejected a version of the company’s Opera Mini browser from the App Store. The report states that Opera’s developers have produced a version of Opera Mini that can run on the iPhone, but that Apple is barring its release because it competes with Apple’s own Safari browser.
Tapulous has released the Nine Inch Nails edition of its popular iPhone and iPod touch rhythm game Tap Tap Revenge. The game includes 13 NIN tracks from The Slip and Ghosts I-IV, multi-player mode, and NIN-themed graphics. Tap Tap Revenge: Nine Inch Nails Edition is available now from the App Store and sells for $5.
Andrew Kaz and Phillip Ryu have released Classics, a new book reading application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Classics offers users a unique interface that mimics that of a real book, along with an integrated progress display, a table of contents button for quick navigation, visual bookmarks, and a virtual bookcase view for sorting through the offerings. Classics comes pre-loaded with books such as The Time Machine, Paradise Lost, and The Jungle Book; the developers promise to add more books to the collection via free updates. Classics is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12