Mix: P2P vs. iTunes, New Music, Chain Mail, Audible/XM
According to the NPD Group, the iTunes Music Store tied with LimeWire as the second most popular digital music service in March (including P2P file-sharing services). Both iTunes and LimeWire were used by 1.7 million households. The most popular was WinMX, used by 2.1 million households.
The wife of one 4G iPod owner made a sleeve for the device that would be right at home in the Middle Ages—a chain mail iPod cover.
Merrill Lynch analyst Steven Milunovich said today that Apple’s move to Intel chips allows it to deliver new offerings: “Intel processors could help Apple offer a low cost Mac media center to sit under the TV… for digital media such as photos, music, TV, and movies.”
Audible and XM Satellite Radio announced today that they will co-launch a new portable device capable of playing XM’s radio Audible.com content.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?