Mix: P2P vs. iTunes, New Music, Chain Mail, Audible/XM
According to the NPD Group, the iTunes Music Store tied with LimeWire as the second most popular digital music service in March (including P2P file-sharing services). Both iTunes and LimeWire were used by 1.7 million households. The most popular was WinMX, used by 2.1 million households.
The wife of one 4G iPod owner made a sleeve for the device that would be right at home in the Middle Ages—a chain mail iPod cover.
Merrill Lynch analyst Steven Milunovich said today that Apple’s move to Intel chips allows it to deliver new offerings: “Intel processors could help Apple offer a low cost Mac media center to sit under the TV… for digital media such as photos, music, TV, and movies.”
Audible and XM Satellite Radio announced today that they will co-launch a new portable device capable of playing XM’s radio Audible.com content.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?