Mix: PadSync, 8-track nano, PhotoFast, SquareTrade
Ecamm Network has introduced PadSync, its new iPad file management tool for Mac. PadSync offers a standalone application for managing iPad files on an app-by-app basis, automatically mirroring the files on the iPad, allowing users to edit and save documents for later synchronization to the iPad, add files to be synced to the iPad, automatic change detection to keep documents up to date, and a simple drag-and-drop interface. Ecamm’s PadSync requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later and the latest version of iTunes, and sells for $10; a free seven-day trial is also available.
YouTube user themadhacker2 has uploaded a video demonstrating an iPod nano that has been modified to interface with any 8-track player. Hardwired into an old 8-track cartridge, the nano offers full access to its library, and the user has also added a headphone jack and USB port to the end of the cartridge to allow for “on-the-go” listening and charging of the device, respectively. [via Engadget]
PhotoFast, a company known for its flash memory-related goods, has demonstrated a new iPad-compatible webcam solution. Pocket-link reports that the demonstration unit is actually a Microsoft webcam that has been modified to connect to the iPad’s 30-pin port, and works with instant messaging services for 640 x 480 video conferencing. PhotoFast hopes to have its final product out later this year; the company is also working on a memory card reader/dock that will allow access to the connected memory card via an app, but no pricing or release date was mentioned.
SquareTrade has launched an updated two-year iPhone protection plan offering same-day turn around on most repairs for $124. According to the company, the plan covers against drops, spills, and normal usage failures for two years, with a $50 deductible applied to some claims. If the company can’t fix the iPhone, it will pay a cash claim, up to $599 depending on the model. Curiously, both 32GB and 64GB “iPhone 4G” models are listed in the iPhone model drop down menu, allowing users to purchase insurance on their fourth-generation model before it’s even been announced. For a limited time, SquareTrade’s iPhone protection plan is available for $99; for more information, visit the company’s website. [via Mac Rumors]
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?