Mix: Pan-EU iTunes, HBO on iPad, R2-D2 case, Mobile Mix
Apple has posted a new job listing seeking a full time iTunes Pan-EU Label Relations representative. According to the posting, the job will involve “securing comprehensive and innovative promotions around key releases,” “foster[ing] the relationship with the key account managers at the record labels, making iTunes the most important partner in helping the label to drive the digital market,” and helping to “coordinate and implement European wide projects for iTunes.” The employee will report to Carl Ekdahl, head of iTunes Pan EU, and will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
HBO recently revealed that it plans to offer its HBO Go streaming service to iPad users within six months. Speaking in an interview, HBO Co-President Eric Kessler said the company holds cable and Internet rights to films from Warner Bros., Twentieth Century Fox and Universal, none of which it plans to share with emerging rival Netflix. “There is value in exclusivity,” Kessler said, adding that consumers “are willing to pay a premium for high quality, exclusive content.” Netflix CEO Reed Hastings has indicated that his company would like to reach a deal with HBO to offer the company’s TV show and movie catalog via Netflix’ own online streaming service.
Lucasfilm’s online Star Wars shop is now taking pre-orders for an R2-D2 hard case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS (pictured). According to a concept image on the case’s store listing, the case will feature R2-D2-inspired graphics, “sculpted details,” and open access to all ports and controls, possibly with pass-though button covers for the volume and power buttons. The R2-D2 Hard Case for the iPhone 3G and 3GS sells for $30 and is expected to ship in October.
Millennial Media has released its Mobile Mix report for July 2010 (PDF Link), with Apple continuing its run as the leading device manufacturer on Millennial’s network. Apple represented nearly 35% of all impressions on the network in July, with the iPhone representing 25% of all mobile phone requests. iOS was the leading OS on the network, with a 55% share of impressions, and ad requests from iPad units grew 327% month-over-month. Millennial Media’s numbers are based on impressions served on its network of mobile sites and apps, which reaches 81% of the U.S. mobile audience, according to the company.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: SimCity BuildIt, Run Sackboy! Run!, Star Wars: Galactic Defense + more
- Trent Reznor working on Apple music project
- Magazine publisher Fleishman explains iOS Newsstand’s failure
- Jony Ive: Apple Watch was a ‘design challenge’
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0