Mix: Pan-EU iTunes, HBO on iPad, R2-D2 case, Mobile Mix
Apple has posted a new job listing seeking a full time iTunes Pan-EU Label Relations representative. According to the posting, the job will involve “securing comprehensive and innovative promotions around key releases,” “foster[ing] the relationship with the key account managers at the record labels, making iTunes the most important partner in helping the label to drive the digital market,” and helping to “coordinate and implement European wide projects for iTunes.” The employee will report to Carl Ekdahl, head of iTunes Pan EU, and will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
HBO recently revealed that it plans to offer its HBO Go streaming service to iPad users within six months. Speaking in an interview, HBO Co-President Eric Kessler said the company holds cable and Internet rights to films from Warner Bros., Twentieth Century Fox and Universal, none of which it plans to share with emerging rival Netflix. “There is value in exclusivity,” Kessler said, adding that consumers “are willing to pay a premium for high quality, exclusive content.” Netflix CEO Reed Hastings has indicated that his company would like to reach a deal with HBO to offer the company’s TV show and movie catalog via Netflix’ own online streaming service.
Lucasfilm’s online Star Wars shop is now taking pre-orders for an R2-D2 hard case for the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS (pictured). According to a concept image on the case’s store listing, the case will feature R2-D2-inspired graphics, “sculpted details,” and open access to all ports and controls, possibly with pass-though button covers for the volume and power buttons. The R2-D2 Hard Case for the iPhone 3G and 3GS sells for $30 and is expected to ship in October.
Millennial Media has released its Mobile Mix report for July 2010 (PDF Link), with Apple continuing its run as the leading device manufacturer on Millennial’s network. Apple represented nearly 35% of all impressions on the network in July, with the iPhone representing 25% of all mobile phone requests. iOS was the leading OS on the network, with a 55% share of impressions, and ad requests from iPad units grew 327% month-over-month. Millennial Media’s numbers are based on impressions served on its network of mobile sites and apps, which reaches 81% of the U.S. mobile audience, according to the company.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?