Mix: Pandora, Zagat, Smiles, DeskClock
Tim Westergren, founder of Pandora Radio, has revealed that the company has surpassed 2 million registered iPhone and iPod touch users. “We’re hearing all sorts of wonderful feedback from listeners who are using it on their commute, jogging with it, plugging it into home audio systems…you name it,” Westergren wrote in a post on the company’s blog. “And as usual, offering all sorts of great feedback and suggestions. It’s thrilling for us to see the broader vision for Pandora take shape. Our hearty thanks for your continued support and input.” Pandora Radio is available as a free download from the App Store; for more information, see our review. [via Distorted Loop]
Zagat Survey, in association with Handmark, has released its new Zagat To Go ‘09 application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The app gives users access to Zagat’s ratings and reviews for over 40,000 restaurants, hotels, nightspots, and shops in over 100 countries. In addition, it provides users with photos, menus, Google Maps, click to call capabilities and functionality that allows users to make instant restaurant reservations. Users can search for establishments around the world using GPS (where available), current address, intersection coordinates, or postal codes (US only). Zagat To Go ‘09 is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Sykhronics Entertainment has released its Smiles game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Smiles contains two separate games, Drop and Zen, each of which requires the user to swap different blocks out to make rows of similar blocks, in order to clear blocks away (Drop) or “light-up” rows of blocks in hopes of lighting up the entire board and moving on to the next level (Zen). Altogether, Smiles features 14 game modes, three different themes, and the ability to play in any orientation. Smiles is available now on the App Store for $5; Smiles Drop and Smiles Zen are also available separately for $3 each.
Chilli X, developers of the NightTime and PhotoFrame applications for iPhone and iPod touch, has released its third desktop clock application DeskClock. The app displays the time, day, date, and a monthly calendar on the screen simultaneously, and offers 12- and 24-hour time display modes, multiple color schemes, and auto-lock prevention to keep the device’s display from sleeping while in use. DeskClock is available now from the App Store and sells for $1.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q3 2014: 35.2M iPhones, 13.3M iPads, 2.9M iPods, $37.4B revenue
- Simpsons World, FXNOW coming to Apple TV?
- WSJ: Apple asking suppliers to make 70-80M new iPhones this year
- Apple ‘iTime’ patent includes wristband sensors
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads