Mix: Paper dock, Apple stores, Vuzix, Aardvark
French blog Dessine moi un objet has created a paper dock for the iPhone and iPod, complete with a PDF template. The design uses folds and slots to keep the device resting on an angle, with openings allowing for the Dock Connector to pass through the stand to the bottom of the iPhone or iPod touch. Interested users can download the template directly from the website.
Apple is planning to add dedicated “iPhone Activation Zones” to its retail stores in order to enhance the in-store purchase and activation process, according to a new report. Citing multiple anonymous sources, Mac Rumors reports that the changes, due to roll out as soon as this week, will involve layout changes to the company’s various store designs to create the aforementioned areas where customers can quickly pick up and activate a new iPhone after completing the pre-authorization process online. The zones will reportedly be staffed by new “iPhone Experts,” who will be identifiable by unique t-shirts and name badges.
Vuzix has introduced its new Wrap 310 Video Eyewear for the iPod, iPhone, and other portable devices. The Wrap 310 features a twin 16x9 monitors which show a 55-inch equivalent screen, up to 6 hours of play time from 2 AA batteries, composite and VGA video inputs, as well as a dedicated dock connection for the iPod and iPhone, and included removable noise isolating earphones. No release date or pricing has been announced.
The Internet answer service Aardvark has launched its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Aardvark leverages a user’s existing social networking contacts to find the best person to ask a given question, then contacts those people who might be available to answer and asks on the user’s behalf. The application offers automatic location detection, push notifications, a language engine to analyze questions to find key topics, and more. Aardvark is a free download from the App Store.
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?