Mix: Paper dock, Apple stores, Vuzix, Aardvark
French blog Dessine moi un objet has created a paper dock for the iPhone and iPod, complete with a PDF template. The design uses folds and slots to keep the device resting on an angle, with openings allowing for the Dock Connector to pass through the stand to the bottom of the iPhone or iPod touch. Interested users can download the template directly from the website.
Apple is planning to add dedicated “iPhone Activation Zones” to its retail stores in order to enhance the in-store purchase and activation process, according to a new report. Citing multiple anonymous sources, Mac Rumors reports that the changes, due to roll out as soon as this week, will involve layout changes to the company’s various store designs to create the aforementioned areas where customers can quickly pick up and activate a new iPhone after completing the pre-authorization process online. The zones will reportedly be staffed by new “iPhone Experts,” who will be identifiable by unique t-shirts and name badges.
Vuzix has introduced its new Wrap 310 Video Eyewear for the iPod, iPhone, and other portable devices. The Wrap 310 features a twin 16x9 monitors which show a 55-inch equivalent screen, up to 6 hours of play time from 2 AA batteries, composite and VGA video inputs, as well as a dedicated dock connection for the iPod and iPhone, and included removable noise isolating earphones. No release date or pricing has been announced.
The Internet answer service Aardvark has launched its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Aardvark leverages a user’s existing social networking contacts to find the best person to ask a given question, then contacts those people who might be available to answer and asks on the user’s behalf. The application offers automatic location detection, push notifications, a language engine to analyze questions to find key topics, and more. Aardvark is a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015