Mix: Paper dock, Apple stores, Vuzix, Aardvark
Published: Tuesday, September 15, 2009
French blog Dessine moi un objet has created a paper dock for the iPhone and iPod, complete with a PDF template. The design uses folds and slots to keep the device resting on an angle, with openings allowing for the Dock Connector to pass through the stand to the bottom of the iPhone or iPod touch. Interested users can download the template directly from the website.
Apple is planning to add dedicated “iPhone Activation Zones” to its retail stores in order to enhance the in-store purchase and activation process, according to a new report. Citing multiple anonymous sources, Mac Rumors reports that the changes, due to roll out as soon as this week, will involve layout changes to the company’s various store designs to create the aforementioned areas where customers can quickly pick up and activate a new iPhone after completing the pre-authorization process online. The zones will reportedly be staffed by new “iPhone Experts,” who will be identifiable by unique t-shirts and name badges.
Vuzix has introduced its new Wrap 310 Video Eyewear for the iPod, iPhone, and other portable devices. The Wrap 310 features a twin 16x9 monitors which show a 55-inch equivalent screen, up to 6 hours of play time from 2 AA batteries, composite and VGA video inputs, as well as a dedicated dock connection for the iPod and iPhone, and included removable noise isolating earphones. No release date or pricing has been announced.
The Internet answer service Aardvark has launched its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Aardvark leverages a user’s existing social networking contacts to find the best person to ask a given question, then contacts those people who might be available to answer and asks on the user’s behalf. The application offers automatic location detection, push notifications, a language engine to analyze questions to find key topics, and more. Aardvark is a free download from the App Store.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number