Mix: Patent, Apple TV, TomTom, Carbon Fiber
Apple has been granted a patent that would allow for walkie-talkie-like transmission of data over a voice channel. This would enable data such as text messages to be sent from phone to phone without the need for a backend server, something current SMS text messaging requires.
Attempting to extrapolate sales data from Apple’s third quarter results, Business 2.0 writer Philip Elmer-DeWitt has estimated that Apple sold 206,000 Apple TVs during the third quarter.
Italian site Macitynet has tested the iPhone with the TomTom 910 navigator, connecting the mobile using both Bluetooth for phone functions and through the Dock Connector for iPod control.
Kognition Design is offering carbon fiber fifth-generation iPod covers for $20.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?