Mix: Patent, Sierra, iHaloStats, 500XL
A new Apple patent application recently published by the US Patent and Trademark Office suggests that the company may be planning to introduce illuminated touch pads in future iPod models. Patent application 20080018617, titled “Illuminated touch pad,” describes an “illuminated input device” comprised of “an object sensing mechanism capable of sensing a user input over an input surface; and a visual feedback system configured to illuminate the input surface in association with a user input.”
Sierra Sound has announced availability of an updated version of its iN Studio 5.0 Smart Speakers featuring an Apple Authentication Chip, allowing for video-out functionality when using the latest model iPods — specifically, the iPod classic, iPod nano (with video), and iPod touch. “The concept of a Smart Speaker includes providing the features and functionality necessary to fully enjoy the capabilities of the Apple iPod. By quickly integrating the authentication chip into our product line we have shown our true commitment to being a made for iPod partner and iPod owners that want the most from their digital music players,” said Lamar Green, President of Sierra Sound.
A new web application for iPhone and iPod touch, iHaloStats, allows Halo 3 players access to their game statistics, including service record, medals, weapon use, and rank history, from their portable device. To access the application, visit iHaloStats.com from an iPhone or iPod touch.
FRED has introduced a new set of desktop speakers inspired by the original-design iPod earphones. The 500XL speakers are supposedly 500 times the size of the original iPod earbuds in volume, and feature a built-in amplifier, as well as the ability to run off battery, AC, or USB power. Pricing is not yet available. [via Ars]
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?