Mix: Patent, Sierra, iHaloStats, 500XL
A new Apple patent application recently published by the US Patent and Trademark Office suggests that the company may be planning to introduce illuminated touch pads in future iPod models. Patent application 20080018617, titled “Illuminated touch pad,” describes an “illuminated input device” comprised of “an object sensing mechanism capable of sensing a user input over an input surface; and a visual feedback system configured to illuminate the input surface in association with a user input.”
Sierra Sound has announced availability of an updated version of its iN Studio 5.0 Smart Speakers featuring an Apple Authentication Chip, allowing for video-out functionality when using the latest model iPods — specifically, the iPod classic, iPod nano (with video), and iPod touch. “The concept of a Smart Speaker includes providing the features and functionality necessary to fully enjoy the capabilities of the Apple iPod. By quickly integrating the authentication chip into our product line we have shown our true commitment to being a made for iPod partner and iPod owners that want the most from their digital music players,” said Lamar Green, President of Sierra Sound.
A new web application for iPhone and iPod touch, iHaloStats, allows Halo 3 players access to their game statistics, including service record, medals, weapon use, and rank history, from their portable device. To access the application, visit iHaloStats.com from an iPhone or iPod touch.
FRED has introduced a new set of desktop speakers inspired by the original-design iPod earphones. The 500XL speakers are supposedly 500 times the size of the original iPod earbuds in volume, and feature a built-in amplifier, as well as the ability to run off battery, AC, or USB power. Pricing is not yet available. [via Ars]
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?