Mix: Peggle, Ice iPod, nano GPS, Wembley
PopCap has revealed that its long-awaited iPhone version of Peggle will be released on May 12. Joystiq reports that the game has yet to be priced, but suggests the game may come in at $5-$6.
An iPod discovered in a block of ice has apparently survived its time in the cold. Blogger Andrew Robulack of Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada recently found an iPod classic emerging from some freshly melting ice, and estimates the hard disk-based device had been in the ice since early winter. He claims it booted up right away, and apart from a few scratches, nicks, and condensation underneath the screen cover, is in perfect working order. Robulack is giving the iPod’s owner a week to contact him, after which he plans to keep the device for himself.
A former employee of the now-defunct GPS company Nemerix has posted details on how a first-generation iPod nano could be rigged to display information from one of the company’s low-power GPS chips. The mod consists of a reference design board containing a Nemerix GPS with an Atmel ATMEGA324 micro-controller, and uses the iPod’s AiR mode, which allowed developers to send a 4-color picture to the iPod and display it on the screen. The end result was able to display both latitude and longitude coordinates, along with satellite signal strength indicators. Notably, however, Apple shut off accessory access to the screens of later iPod nano and classic models, making an accessory like this all but impossible. [via Engadget]
British singer-songwriter Gary Go has announced that he will be perform upcoming events at Wembley Stadium using nothing but his iPhone. Go, who will be supporting Take That at the events scheduled for July 1, 4, and 5, also used a four-track recording studio app to create all the demos for his album. “At this point it’s quite hard to think of something I don’t use the phone for,” said Go. “For songwriters it’s an amazing tool as I always have it with me. I used to phone myself and leave messages to remember ideas. Now I can record real tracks in the park - it’s great… I think it’s pretty amazing that I’m going to be using a mobile phone on stage at Wembley Stadium in front of so many people. I grew up behind the stadium, and used to listen to concerts in my back garden,” he added. “My biggest worry is that my phone will ring mid-song.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple quietly pulls back on 2014 CarPlay availability
- iPhone 6 Plus users reporting bending iPhones
- FXNOW channel comes to Apple TV
- Apple airs two new iPhone 6 ads
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels