Mix: Philips dock, Katamari, EA iPhone games, Taiwan unlock
Philips has previewed its new Docking Entertainment System DC350 for iPhone and iPod. The DC350 is a vertically-oriented system, featuring a built-in dock, six watts of RMS power, a screen above the dock, and hands-free conference call functionality. The system will also include a remote, and will be released in January 2009 for $150.
Namco has released its I Love Katamari game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game is the latest in the Katamari Damacy series, which has seen titles released across multiple platforms including the PS2, PSP, and Xbox 360. In Katamari, players assume the role of the Prince, who must roll his Katamari ball over other objects in order to collect them. As more objects are collected, the size of the ball grows, allowing the player to collect larger objects. In addition, he game offers four different game modes, and accelerometer-based controls. I Love Katamari is available now from the App Store and sells for $8.
EAMobile’s Craig Law has revealed that the company will be submitting SimCity to the App Store for approval later today. According to Law, SimCity will offer the same experience as the PC version of the game. Law also revealed that the company’s upcoming Need for Speed title, originally slated for release this year, has been pushed back to 2009; Tiger Woods and The Sims 3 are also being developed for a 2009 release.
Taiwanese iPhone carrier Chunghwa Telecom (CHT) is now selling the iPhone 3G unlocked. Prior to the device’s launch last weekend, CHT representatives had said that iPhones sold in Taiwan would be locked to their network; however, early customers are reporting that the phones are indeed unlocked, a fact confirmed by an Apple Support document. CHT sells the iPhone 3G without a contract for NT$26,600, or roughly $803, for an 8GB model, or NT$29,900 (~$903) for the 16GB version.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?