Mix: Popkomm, iPod tattoo, Next verse, iPod ants, Price war
Eddie Cue, Apple’s vice president of applications, will deliver a keynote speech at Popkomm, a leading European music and entertainment industry event that takes place September 14-16 in Berlin, Germany.
iLounger James McHugh has gotten what could be the first iPod-inspired tattoo.
In an article entitled “What’s the Next Verse in Apple’s Song?”, BusinessWeek’s Peter Burrows says: “As Jobs remains on his current course, Apple could face a rebellion among partners and consumers who want more alternatives and more flexibility out of digital music’s current king of the hill.”
A New Zealand man found a colony of Singapore ants inside the packaging of a new iPod he had purchased at a Fiji airport. “About 50 live Singapore ants—highly destructive ants that can eat through plastic and wiring—were crawling around the iPod.”
Reuters reports that the “cut-throat pricing battle in the portable music segment has been decisively won by Apple” and that Asian MP3 player makers are “targeting higher-margin devices with sleek designs to wow fashion-savvy users as they struggle to survive.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0