Mix: Popkomm, iPod tattoo, Next verse, iPod ants, Price war
Eddie Cue, Apple’s vice president of applications, will deliver a keynote speech at Popkomm, a leading European music and entertainment industry event that takes place September 14-16 in Berlin, Germany.
iLounger James McHugh has gotten what could be the first iPod-inspired tattoo.
In an article entitled “What’s the Next Verse in Apple’s Song?”, BusinessWeek’s Peter Burrows says: “As Jobs remains on his current course, Apple could face a rebellion among partners and consumers who want more alternatives and more flexibility out of digital music’s current king of the hill.”
A New Zealand man found a colony of Singapore ants inside the packaging of a new iPod he had purchased at a Fiji airport. “About 50 live Singapore ants—highly destructive ants that can eat through plastic and wiring—were crawling around the iPod.”
Reuters reports that the “cut-throat pricing battle in the portable music segment has been decisively won by Apple” and that Asian MP3 player makers are “targeting higher-margin devices with sleek designs to wow fashion-savvy users as they struggle to survive.”
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?