Mix: PortalPlayer, BPI request, Ratatouille, Flash Mobs
PortalPlayer said yesterday that it has cut 14 percent of its work force—about 45 employees. The move comes two months after the company said its chips would not be used in some of Apple’s flash-based iPods.
The BPI, the British recording industry’s trade association, says that Apple needs to open up its FairPlay DRM to allow music from the iTunes Music Store to be playable on other devices.
Disney/Pixar have released the first trailer for 2007’s “Ratatouille.” The animated film stars a rat that lives in Paris and enjoys good food. The trailer is available in iPod video format.
Defective By Design has organized “Flash Mob” protests at San Francisco, Seattle, Boston, Chicago, and New York Apple retail stores to “warn customers of the dangers of DRM in the iPod and iTunes.”
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?