Mix: Pre-orders, Steve Jobs, Creative gear, Samsung
Apple has created a new page on the iTunes Music Store, called “Tomorrow’s Hits Today,” which collects all of the albums available for pre-order from iTunes. There are currently 10 albums available for pre-order, from Justin Timberlake to Bob Dylan. [via TUAW]
Richard Farmer of Merrill Lynch says that if Steve Jobs was involved in options backdating at Pixar, it could jeopardize his role at Apple. “We believe there are not yet enough facts to form a conclusion on whether key executives might have been involved in creating options irregularities at Apple or Pixar, and our default assumption is that Jobs is not likely to have been involved; however, our review of Pixar disclosures does not allow us to rule out the possibility, given Jobs was a member of the board that made options decisions, and our analysis suggests these may contain irregularities,” Farmer wrote.
Creative Technology will benefit greatly from joining the lucrative iPod accessory business, analysts say. “We think selling accessories for iPod is a cottage industry by itself,” said Carey Wong of OCBC Investment Research. “The company is always looking at new opportunities and I think this is a good opportunity that they can go into. It looks quite good because the market is huge.”
Samsung has nearly caught up with Apple’s iPod sales in Taiwan, according to DigiTimes. “Samsung held 7.8% of the MP3-player market in Taiwan last month, slightly behind Apple Computer with its iPod series that kept 8%, according to a market survey of GfK Marketing Services.”
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?