Mix: Pre-orders, Steve Jobs, Creative gear, Samsung
Apple has created a new page on the iTunes Music Store, called “Tomorrow’s Hits Today,” which collects all of the albums available for pre-order from iTunes. There are currently 10 albums available for pre-order, from Justin Timberlake to Bob Dylan. [via TUAW]
Richard Farmer of Merrill Lynch says that if Steve Jobs was involved in options backdating at Pixar, it could jeopardize his role at Apple. “We believe there are not yet enough facts to form a conclusion on whether key executives might have been involved in creating options irregularities at Apple or Pixar, and our default assumption is that Jobs is not likely to have been involved; however, our review of Pixar disclosures does not allow us to rule out the possibility, given Jobs was a member of the board that made options decisions, and our analysis suggests these may contain irregularities,” Farmer wrote.
Creative Technology will benefit greatly from joining the lucrative iPod accessory business, analysts say. “We think selling accessories for iPod is a cottage industry by itself,” said Carey Wong of OCBC Investment Research. “The company is always looking at new opportunities and I think this is a good opportunity that they can go into. It looks quite good because the market is huge.”
Samsung has nearly caught up with Apple’s iPod sales in Taiwan, according to DigiTimes. “Samsung held 7.8% of the MP3-player market in Taiwan last month, slightly behind Apple Computer with its iPod series that kept 8%, according to a market survey of GfK Marketing Services.”
- Apple exploring person-to-person Apple Pay transactions?
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?