Mix: Pull My Finger, NTT DoCoMo, Turkcell, Jewel Quest II
Published: Thursday, September 4, 2008
Apple has rejected a new app called Pull My Finger, not on the grounds that it was potentially offensive, but instead for its “limited utility.” MacRumors reports that the developer was informed by Apple that the “application is of limited utility to the broad iPhone and iPod touch user community, and will not be published to the App Store.” Apple went on to suggest that the developer could distribute the app to friends and family via Ad Hoc methods. The developer has posted a demonstration video of the app to YouTube.
Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo remains interested in offering the iPhone, according to a statement from a company executive. “It’s not that we’ve given up. We just want the right condition to sell it,” said Hiroshi Matsui, senior executive vice president of NTT DoCoMo. Last December, the carrier confirmed it was in talks with Apple to carry the iPhone; rival carrier SoftBank launched the iPhone 3G in Japan on July 11.
A page on its company website has revealed that Turkcell plans to begin selling the iPhone 3G in Turkey on September 26. The carrier announced in August that it would offer the iPhone 3G in Turkey later this year; details on pricing and plan offerings have yet to be announced.
I-Play and iWin have announced that Jewel Quest II is now available for the iPhone and iPod touch. Continuing the Jewel Quest franchise, the tile-matching puzzle game features over 50 new puzzles, a new storyline, and new game mechanics optimized for the iPhone OS platform. Jewel Quest II is available now on the App Store and sells for $9.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number