Mix: Pull My Finger, NTT DoCoMo, Turkcell, Jewel Quest II
Apple has rejected a new app called Pull My Finger, not on the grounds that it was potentially offensive, but instead for its “limited utility.” MacRumors reports that the developer was informed by Apple that the “application is of limited utility to the broad iPhone and iPod touch user community, and will not be published to the App Store.” Apple went on to suggest that the developer could distribute the app to friends and family via Ad Hoc methods. The developer has posted a demonstration video of the app to YouTube.
Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo remains interested in offering the iPhone, according to a statement from a company executive. “It’s not that we’ve given up. We just want the right condition to sell it,” said Hiroshi Matsui, senior executive vice president of NTT DoCoMo. Last December, the carrier confirmed it was in talks with Apple to carry the iPhone; rival carrier SoftBank launched the iPhone 3G in Japan on July 11.
A page on its company website has revealed that Turkcell plans to begin selling the iPhone 3G in Turkey on September 26. The carrier announced in August that it would offer the iPhone 3G in Turkey later this year; details on pricing and plan offerings have yet to be announced.
I-Play and iWin have announced that Jewel Quest II is now available for the iPhone and iPod touch. Continuing the Jewel Quest franchise, the tile-matching puzzle game features over 50 new puzzles, a new storyline, and new game mechanics optimized for the iPhone OS platform. Jewel Quest II is available now on the App Store and sells for $9.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Q4 earnings call coming October 20
- European magazine gets blacklisted by Apple for posting “Bendgate” video
- “Reset All Settings” in iOS 8 may also erase iCloud Drive content
- Apple’s tax deal in Ireland may be illegal according to EU regulators
- Apple releases first iOS 8.1 beta to developers
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus hit China Oct. 17, pre-orders Oct. 10
- Report: iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 in simultaneous development
- French fashion retailer Colette to hold in-store Apple event
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apps of the Week: OmniFocus 2 for iPad, Transmit, Asphalt Overdrive + more
- Griffin Survivor All-Terrain, Core, and Slim for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Griffin Identity, Reveal cases for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Orbotix Ollie by Sphero
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD
- JBL Charge 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 In-Ear Headphones
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Speck CandyShell, Card, Grip + Inked cases for iPhone 6
- Incipio DualPro Shine, Edge for iPhone 6 + NGP for iPhone 6 Plus
- PureGear DualTek Extreme Shock Case, HIP Case+ and Slim Shell for iPhone 6
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More