Mix: Pull My Finger, NTT DoCoMo, Turkcell, Jewel Quest II
Published: Thursday, September 4, 2008
Apple has rejected a new app called Pull My Finger, not on the grounds that it was potentially offensive, but instead for its “limited utility.” MacRumors reports that the developer was informed by Apple that the “application is of limited utility to the broad iPhone and iPod touch user community, and will not be published to the App Store.” Apple went on to suggest that the developer could distribute the app to friends and family via Ad Hoc methods. The developer has posted a demonstration video of the app to YouTube.
Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo remains interested in offering the iPhone, according to a statement from a company executive. “It’s not that we’ve given up. We just want the right condition to sell it,” said Hiroshi Matsui, senior executive vice president of NTT DoCoMo. Last December, the carrier confirmed it was in talks with Apple to carry the iPhone; rival carrier SoftBank launched the iPhone 3G in Japan on July 11.
A page on its company website has revealed that Turkcell plans to begin selling the iPhone 3G in Turkey on September 26. The carrier announced in August that it would offer the iPhone 3G in Turkey later this year; details on pricing and plan offerings have yet to be announced.
I-Play and iWin have announced that Jewel Quest II is now available for the iPhone and iPod touch. Continuing the Jewel Quest franchise, the tile-matching puzzle game features over 50 new puzzles, a new storyline, and new game mechanics optimized for the iPhone OS platform. Jewel Quest II is available now on the App Store and sells for $9.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Hitman GO
- Alleged next-gen iPad Air front panel leaked
- Apps: Baby Bundle, Breeze, Helpouts + iOOTP Baseball 2014
- Apple selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display
- Yahoo aims to become default iOS Safari search engine
- Apple working with Shazam on iOS song discovery feature
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Hyundai bringing CarPlay to 2015 Sonata
- Apple agrees to anti-theft smartphone measures
- 8GB iPhone 5c launches in more European countries
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- Lepow ADD Power Bank
- Favi Swivel Screen Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad Air
- ChargerLeash Charge & Sync Smart Lightning Cable
- iWalk Sound Angle Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- iWalk Extreme 10,000 Duo Battery Pack
- Speck DuraFolio for iPad Air + iPad mini
- Hack Things Poppy 3D Camera for iPhone 4/4S/5/5c/5s + iPod touch 5G
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac