Mix: QuickTours, Connect, USA Today, Survey
Apple has added three new QuickTours to the Technology section of the iPhone’s mini-site. The new videos, which help explain features like Multi-touch, OS X, and the iPhone’s sensors, use 3D views of the device to illustrate its capabilities.
Sony will soon be closing its Connect online music and video service, according to a PaidContent.org report. Around 20 jobs are being phased out as a result, the remaining group will be devoted to the Playstation platform.
USA Today, continuing its 25th anniversary celebration, has placed iPod+iTunes sixth in its list of the Top 25 Music Milestones from the last 25 years. File-sharing service Napster was number one.
A new survey done by Seattle-based analyst firm M:Metrics shows that more than 19 million US subscribers and almost 7 million UK subscribers have “strong interest” in buying an iPhone. The results, taken from samples of 11,060 and 5,293 respectively, equate to 9% of the US market and 16% of the UK market.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?