Mix: Refurb nanos, AT&T Q4, Papermaster, Payback
Apple has begun to offer refurbished units of the fourth-generation iPod nano through its online store. Available in both 8GB and 16GB capacities, the players are available in limited colors—six for the 8GB models and eight for the 16GB units. The players carry a one-year limited warranty and sell for $129 and $169, respectively.
Reporting its fourth-quarter financial results, U.S. iPhone carrier AT&T announced that it activated 1.9 million iPhone 3Gs during the quarter, bringing its total to 4.3 million for the second half of the year. It added that approximately 40 percent of iPhone activations were for customers new to AT&T, and that the phone continues to deliver subscribers offering higher average monthly revenue than the company’s contract subscriber average.
Incoming Apple iPod/iPhone hardware chief Mark Papermaster will have to have to check with former employer IBM before disclosing any information he suspects may be confidential to IBM, according to a new report. InformationWeek states that the arrangement is part of Papermaster’s settlement with IBM, and that IBM will be the final decider on such matters. IBM’s determination “shall be final and binding and not subject to review in any way,” wrote Judge Kenneth Karas in his consent order. Papermaster will begin work at Apple April 24.
Apex Designs has released Payback, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. A clone of the popular action game Grand Theft Auto, Payback features a full soundtrack with both speech and music, HDR lighting, eleven cities to explore, a wide arsenal of weaponry, dozens of vehicles, and an automatic save system. Payback is available now from the App Store and sells for $7.
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?