Mix: Refurb nanos, AT&T Q4, Papermaster, Payback
Apple has begun to offer refurbished units of the fourth-generation iPod nano through its online store. Available in both 8GB and 16GB capacities, the players are available in limited colors—six for the 8GB models and eight for the 16GB units. The players carry a one-year limited warranty and sell for $129 and $169, respectively.
Reporting its fourth-quarter financial results, U.S. iPhone carrier AT&T announced that it activated 1.9 million iPhone 3Gs during the quarter, bringing its total to 4.3 million for the second half of the year. It added that approximately 40 percent of iPhone activations were for customers new to AT&T, and that the phone continues to deliver subscribers offering higher average monthly revenue than the company’s contract subscriber average.
Incoming Apple iPod/iPhone hardware chief Mark Papermaster will have to have to check with former employer IBM before disclosing any information he suspects may be confidential to IBM, according to a new report. InformationWeek states that the arrangement is part of Papermaster’s settlement with IBM, and that IBM will be the final decider on such matters. IBM’s determination “shall be final and binding and not subject to review in any way,” wrote Judge Kenneth Karas in his consent order. Papermaster will begin work at Apple April 24.
Apex Designs has released Payback, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. A clone of the popular action game Grand Theft Auto, Payback features a full soundtrack with both speech and music, HDR lighting, eleven cities to explore, a wide arsenal of weaponry, dozens of vehicles, and an automatic save system. Payback is available now from the App Store and sells for $7.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels