Mix: Refurb nanos, AT&T Q4, Papermaster, Payback
Apple has begun to offer refurbished units of the fourth-generation iPod nano through its online store. Available in both 8GB and 16GB capacities, the players are available in limited colors—six for the 8GB models and eight for the 16GB units. The players carry a one-year limited warranty and sell for $129 and $169, respectively.
Reporting its fourth-quarter financial results, U.S. iPhone carrier AT&T announced that it activated 1.9 million iPhone 3Gs during the quarter, bringing its total to 4.3 million for the second half of the year. It added that approximately 40 percent of iPhone activations were for customers new to AT&T, and that the phone continues to deliver subscribers offering higher average monthly revenue than the company’s contract subscriber average.
Incoming Apple iPod/iPhone hardware chief Mark Papermaster will have to have to check with former employer IBM before disclosing any information he suspects may be confidential to IBM, according to a new report. InformationWeek states that the arrangement is part of Papermaster’s settlement with IBM, and that IBM will be the final decider on such matters. IBM’s determination “shall be final and binding and not subject to review in any way,” wrote Judge Kenneth Karas in his consent order. Papermaster will begin work at Apple April 24.
Apex Designs has released Payback, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. A clone of the popular action game Grand Theft Auto, Payback features a full soundtrack with both speech and music, HDR lighting, eleven cities to explore, a wide arsenal of weaponry, dozens of vehicles, and an automatic save system. Payback is available now from the App Store and sells for $7.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?