Mix: Refurb nanos, AT&T Q4, Papermaster, Payback
Apple has begun to offer refurbished units of the fourth-generation iPod nano through its online store. Available in both 8GB and 16GB capacities, the players are available in limited colors—six for the 8GB models and eight for the 16GB units. The players carry a one-year limited warranty and sell for $129 and $169, respectively.
Reporting its fourth-quarter financial results, U.S. iPhone carrier AT&T announced that it activated 1.9 million iPhone 3Gs during the quarter, bringing its total to 4.3 million for the second half of the year. It added that approximately 40 percent of iPhone activations were for customers new to AT&T, and that the phone continues to deliver subscribers offering higher average monthly revenue than the company’s contract subscriber average.
Incoming Apple iPod/iPhone hardware chief Mark Papermaster will have to have to check with former employer IBM before disclosing any information he suspects may be confidential to IBM, according to a new report. InformationWeek states that the arrangement is part of Papermaster’s settlement with IBM, and that IBM will be the final decider on such matters. IBM’s determination “shall be final and binding and not subject to review in any way,” wrote Judge Kenneth Karas in his consent order. Papermaster will begin work at Apple April 24.
Apex Designs has released Payback, its new game for the iPhone and iPod touch. A clone of the popular action game Grand Theft Auto, Payback features a full soundtrack with both speech and music, HDR lighting, eleven cities to explore, a wide arsenal of weaponry, dozens of vehicles, and an automatic save system. Payback is available now from the App Store and sells for $7.
- Popular Bitcoin wallet app Blockchain returns to App Store
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks