Mix: Refurb shuffles, Teen murder, iPodResQ, Motorola E790
The online Apple Store is offering factory refurbished 512MB iPod shuffles for $79 and 1GB iPod shuffles for $99. The store also has deals on the discontinued 20GB iPod (black and white display) and the 30GB color display iPod.
A 15-year-old Brooklyn boy was fatally stabbed Saturday by two other teenagers in an iPod mugging, police said. “Rose and three friends were accosted by a group of young men Saturday evening in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn,” reports AP. “Members of the group demanded Rose’s iPod and stabbed him twice in the chest when he resisted. The group fled, taking Rose’s iPod and a backpack.”
iPodResQ has announced new discounts for its iPod repair programs. You can get $10 off the iPodResQ 24 Hour Nationwide iPod Repair Program with code “MEXICO”, and $10 off the iPodResQ 4G iPod Flat-Rate LCD Same-Day Replacement Service with code “MALL”.
Engadget has new photos of a Motorola E790 running iTunes. “It might just be an engineering or a production sample, and we can’t guarantee whether this will actually be the first iTunes phone or not,” the gadget site says.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?