Mix: Regent Street, Update, Starbucks, Antitrust, Proporta
Published: Thursday, November 8, 2007
According to Macworld UK, a queue for tomorrow’s UK iPhone launch has already begun to form outside Apple’s flagship Regent Street retail store. The iPhone will launch tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. local time in the UK and at 12:01 a.m. local time in Germany.
Alongside the first European iPhone launches, Pocket-lint.co.uk has received confirmation from the UK Apple press team that the 1.1.2 iPhone software, which comes pre-installed on UK and German iPhones, will be made available to iPhone owners in the US sometime tomorrow.
As part of a planned roll-out of the Starbucks/iTunes Store partnership, select Starbucks locations in San Francisco are now offering free iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store access to iPhone and iPod touch owners. These stores join those in New York and Seattle, which already offer the service.
A Florida man has filed an antitrust lawsuit against Apple claiming that the company’s FairPlay DRM limits the choices of consumers when it comes to its music player or music store, and also causes consumers to pay more for songs and iPods.
Proporta has announced its Golden Ticket holiday promotion which gives anyone who places an order with Proporta from November 12 to December 31 a chance to win one of a selection of iPod classics, 8GB iPod nanos, 1GB iPod shuffles, and other prizes.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Apple TV adds iTunes Festival channel
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone