Mix: Regent Street, Update, Starbucks, Antitrust, Proporta
According to Macworld UK, a queue for tomorrow’s UK iPhone launch has already begun to form outside Apple’s flagship Regent Street retail store. The iPhone will launch tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. local time in the UK and at 12:01 a.m. local time in Germany.
Alongside the first European iPhone launches, Pocket-lint.co.uk has received confirmation from the UK Apple press team that the 1.1.2 iPhone software, which comes pre-installed on UK and German iPhones, will be made available to iPhone owners in the US sometime tomorrow.
As part of a planned roll-out of the Starbucks/iTunes Store partnership, select Starbucks locations in San Francisco are now offering free iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store access to iPhone and iPod touch owners. These stores join those in New York and Seattle, which already offer the service.
A Florida man has filed an antitrust lawsuit against Apple claiming that the company’s FairPlay DRM limits the choices of consumers when it comes to its music player or music store, and also causes consumers to pay more for songs and iPods.
Proporta has announced its Golden Ticket holiday promotion which gives anyone who places an order with Proporta from November 12 to December 31 a chance to win one of a selection of iPod classics, 8GB iPod nanos, 1GB iPod shuffles, and other prizes.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3 cellular models available in China this week
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0