Mix: Regent Street, Update, Starbucks, Antitrust, Proporta
According to Macworld UK, a queue for tomorrow’s UK iPhone launch has already begun to form outside Apple’s flagship Regent Street retail store. The iPhone will launch tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. local time in the UK and at 12:01 a.m. local time in Germany.
Alongside the first European iPhone launches, Pocket-lint.co.uk has received confirmation from the UK Apple press team that the 1.1.2 iPhone software, which comes pre-installed on UK and German iPhones, will be made available to iPhone owners in the US sometime tomorrow.
As part of a planned roll-out of the Starbucks/iTunes Store partnership, select Starbucks locations in San Francisco are now offering free iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store access to iPhone and iPod touch owners. These stores join those in New York and Seattle, which already offer the service.
A Florida man has filed an antitrust lawsuit against Apple claiming that the company’s FairPlay DRM limits the choices of consumers when it comes to its music player or music store, and also causes consumers to pay more for songs and iPods.
Proporta has announced its Golden Ticket holiday promotion which gives anyone who places an order with Proporta from November 12 to December 31 a chance to win one of a selection of iPod classics, 8GB iPod nanos, 1GB iPod shuffles, and other prizes.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple Pay Bank of America customers experiencing double-charges
- iPad Air 2 unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- Apple’s new Maps Connect lets businesses manage listings, request iBeacon indoor mapping
- Apple reportedly begins in-store sales of iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Cook discussing security with top Chinese official
- GT and Apple to part ways ‘amicably’
- Apple Pay can be used internationally with U.S.-based cards
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0