Mix: Regent Street, Update, Starbucks, Antitrust, Proporta
According to Macworld UK, a queue for tomorrow’s UK iPhone launch has already begun to form outside Apple’s flagship Regent Street retail store. The iPhone will launch tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. local time in the UK and at 12:01 a.m. local time in Germany.
Alongside the first European iPhone launches, Pocket-lint.co.uk has received confirmation from the UK Apple press team that the 1.1.2 iPhone software, which comes pre-installed on UK and German iPhones, will be made available to iPhone owners in the US sometime tomorrow.
As part of a planned roll-out of the Starbucks/iTunes Store partnership, select Starbucks locations in San Francisco are now offering free iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store access to iPhone and iPod touch owners. These stores join those in New York and Seattle, which already offer the service.
A Florida man has filed an antitrust lawsuit against Apple claiming that the company’s FairPlay DRM limits the choices of consumers when it comes to its music player or music store, and also causes consumers to pay more for songs and iPods.
Proporta has announced its Golden Ticket holiday promotion which gives anyone who places an order with Proporta from November 12 to December 31 a chance to win one of a selection of iPod classics, 8GB iPod nanos, 1GB iPod shuffles, and other prizes.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0