Mix: Revirginizer, Jailbreak, Bitrates
Published: Monday, October 29, 2007
The iPhone Elite Dev Team has released a free Revirginizing Tool for iPhone that is able to repair phones that were “bricked” during the 1.1.1 update process, allowing these users to restore their devices, and safely upgrade to the latest version.
A new “instant Jailbreak” has been developed for the iPhone and iPod touch, making installation of third-party native applications a much simpler process. To access the jailbreak, visit jailbreakme.com from an iPhone or iPod touch, and click on the “Install AppSnapp” link. Once completed, Installer.app, a third-party application installer, will be present on your device’s home screen.
A small number of iTunes users are reporting problems with the bitrates of iTunes downloads and imports following the installation of Apple’s newly-released Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system. It appears that Leopard uses different criteria when determining the bitrate of songs, which is causing some downloads to show different bitrates than expected. An inspection of older iTunes purchases using Leopard showed similar variances in bitrate, suggesting that the differences in bitrate are not new, but are instead being reported differently, if not more accurately, in OS X 10.5.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac