Mix: Revirginizer, Jailbreak, Bitrates
The iPhone Elite Dev Team has released a free Revirginizing Tool for iPhone that is able to repair phones that were “bricked” during the 1.1.1 update process, allowing these users to restore their devices, and safely upgrade to the latest version.
A new “instant Jailbreak” has been developed for the iPhone and iPod touch, making installation of third-party native applications a much simpler process. To access the jailbreak, visit jailbreakme.com from an iPhone or iPod touch, and click on the “Install AppSnapp” link. Once completed, Installer.app, a third-party application installer, will be present on your device’s home screen.
A small number of iTunes users are reporting problems with the bitrates of iTunes downloads and imports following the installation of Apple’s newly-released Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system. It appears that Leopard uses different criteria when determining the bitrate of songs, which is causing some downloads to show different bitrates than expected. An inspection of older iTunes purchases using Leopard showed similar variances in bitrate, suggesting that the differences in bitrate are not new, but are instead being reported differently, if not more accurately, in OS X 10.5.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today