Mix: Ringtones, 3G iPhone, Belkin, Amazon
iTunes 7.4.1 breaks a method of using AAC audio files as ringtones for the iPhone. The method, which involved altering the audio file’s extension, was posted on MacRumors.com last week. While the method no longer works as of iTunes 7.4.1, a workaround has been discovered.
Apple has signed a patent-licensing agreement with cellular technology developer InterDigital that covers current and future generations of the iPhone, and points to a future 3G model. In an SEC filing InterDigital revealed that it has signed a seven-year licensing agreement with Apple, effective June 29, 2007, covering the current iPhone and “certain future mobile phones.” In addition, InterDigital revealed that it expects to receive a $20 million payment soon, “in connection with a recently signed license agreement.” InterDigital’s current offerings are used for older standards, such as the EDGE network used by the current iPhone, but the company is focusing its current development on 3G standards, such as HSDPA and WCDMA.
Belkin has added five new cases for the second-generation iPod nano to its “Hope” line of cases, which help support Susan G. Komen for the Cure. New pink-and-chocolate colored cases include the Remix Metal, Folio, Pocket Blues, Slim Fit, and Remix Acrylic for iPod nano. The cases are available now and sell for $25; for each case sold, Belkin will donate $2.50 to support Komen for the Cure.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today