Mix: Ringtones, 3G iPhone, Belkin, Amazon
iTunes 7.4.1 breaks a method of using AAC audio files as ringtones for the iPhone. The method, which involved altering the audio file’s extension, was posted on MacRumors.com last week. While the method no longer works as of iTunes 7.4.1, a workaround has been discovered.
Apple has signed a patent-licensing agreement with cellular technology developer InterDigital that covers current and future generations of the iPhone, and points to a future 3G model. In an SEC filing InterDigital revealed that it has signed a seven-year licensing agreement with Apple, effective June 29, 2007, covering the current iPhone and “certain future mobile phones.” In addition, InterDigital revealed that it expects to receive a $20 million payment soon, “in connection with a recently signed license agreement.” InterDigital’s current offerings are used for older standards, such as the EDGE network used by the current iPhone, but the company is focusing its current development on 3G standards, such as HSDPA and WCDMA.
Belkin has added five new cases for the second-generation iPod nano to its “Hope” line of cases, which help support Susan G. Komen for the Cure. New pink-and-chocolate colored cases include the Remix Metal, Folio, Pocket Blues, Slim Fit, and Remix Acrylic for iPod nano. The cases are available now and sell for $25; for each case sold, Belkin will donate $2.50 to support Komen for the Cure.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3 cellular models available in China this week
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 2 to developers
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0