Mix: Ringtones, 3G iPhone, Belkin, Amazon
iTunes 7.4.1 breaks a method of using AAC audio files as ringtones for the iPhone. The method, which involved altering the audio file’s extension, was posted on MacRumors.com last week. While the method no longer works as of iTunes 7.4.1, a workaround has been discovered.
Apple has signed a patent-licensing agreement with cellular technology developer InterDigital that covers current and future generations of the iPhone, and points to a future 3G model. In an SEC filing InterDigital revealed that it has signed a seven-year licensing agreement with Apple, effective June 29, 2007, covering the current iPhone and “certain future mobile phones.” In addition, InterDigital revealed that it expects to receive a $20 million payment soon, “in connection with a recently signed license agreement.” InterDigital’s current offerings are used for older standards, such as the EDGE network used by the current iPhone, but the company is focusing its current development on 3G standards, such as HSDPA and WCDMA.
Belkin has added five new cases for the second-generation iPod nano to its “Hope” line of cases, which help support Susan G. Komen for the Cure. New pink-and-chocolate colored cases include the Remix Metal, Folio, Pocket Blues, Slim Fit, and Remix Acrylic for iPod nano. The cases are available now and sell for $25; for each case sold, Belkin will donate $2.50 to support Komen for the Cure.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014