Mix: Ringtones, 3G iPhone, Belkin, Amazon
iTunes 7.4.1 breaks a method of using AAC audio files as ringtones for the iPhone. The method, which involved altering the audio file’s extension, was posted on MacRumors.com last week. While the method no longer works as of iTunes 7.4.1, a workaround has been discovered.
Apple has signed a patent-licensing agreement with cellular technology developer InterDigital that covers current and future generations of the iPhone, and points to a future 3G model. In an SEC filing InterDigital revealed that it has signed a seven-year licensing agreement with Apple, effective June 29, 2007, covering the current iPhone and “certain future mobile phones.” In addition, InterDigital revealed that it expects to receive a $20 million payment soon, “in connection with a recently signed license agreement.” InterDigital’s current offerings are used for older standards, such as the EDGE network used by the current iPhone, but the company is focusing its current development on 3G standards, such as HSDPA and WCDMA.
Belkin has added five new cases for the second-generation iPod nano to its “Hope” line of cases, which help support Susan G. Komen for the Cure. New pink-and-chocolate colored cases include the Remix Metal, Folio, Pocket Blues, Slim Fit, and Remix Acrylic for iPod nano. The cases are available now and sell for $25; for each case sold, Belkin will donate $2.50 to support Komen for the Cure.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Foxconn struggling to meet demand for iPhone 6
- Apple to require app-specific passwords for third-party apps in iCloud
- Apple posts guide for moving content from Android to iPhone
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels