Mix: Rogers, Cambridge Price Drops, iPhone TAP
Reporting its second quarter financial results, Rogers revealed (PDF Link) that its contract with Apple to sell the iPhone requires the carrier to purchase a minimum of $150 million worth of the handsets. While Rogers notes that its cost of acquisition per subscriber will likely increase due to sales of the heavily-subsidized iPhone 3G, it expects that average monthly revenue per user will increase over the course of the contracts thanks to iPhone subscribers signing up for both voice and data plans.
Cambridge SoundWorks has announced its Direct to You program, in which the company will once again offer factory direct sales to its customers. The change has resulted in substantial price drops on several of its iPod-compatible sound systems, including the SoundWorks i765 iPod/Video Entertainment System, which was priced at $500 but now sells for $300, the SoundWorks Radio CD 745i with bundled iPod Dock, which dropped $100 from $350 to $250, and the SoundWorks Radio 735i, which now sells for $200 after a $50 price drop.
AT&T has posted details of its Text Accessibility Plan (TAP) for iPhone and iPhone 3G. Designed for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, have a speech disability and/or hearing loss, the TAP plan for original iPhone is $40 a month and includes unlimited SMS messaging, unlimited data, Visual Voicemail, and a $0.40 per minute voice rate. The TAP plan for iPhone 3G runs $50 a month, and includes the same features as the plan for original iPhones. Finally, AT&T will also offer a business version of the TAP plan for $65 per month that includes all the features of the standard TAP plans plus unlimited enterprise email.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?