Mix: Rogers, Cambridge Price Drops, iPhone TAP
Reporting its second quarter financial results, Rogers revealed (PDF Link) that its contract with Apple to sell the iPhone requires the carrier to purchase a minimum of $150 million worth of the handsets. While Rogers notes that its cost of acquisition per subscriber will likely increase due to sales of the heavily-subsidized iPhone 3G, it expects that average monthly revenue per user will increase over the course of the contracts thanks to iPhone subscribers signing up for both voice and data plans.
Cambridge SoundWorks has announced its Direct to You program, in which the company will once again offer factory direct sales to its customers. The change has resulted in substantial price drops on several of its iPod-compatible sound systems, including the SoundWorks i765 iPod/Video Entertainment System, which was priced at $500 but now sells for $300, the SoundWorks Radio CD 745i with bundled iPod Dock, which dropped $100 from $350 to $250, and the SoundWorks Radio 735i, which now sells for $200 after a $50 price drop.
AT&T has posted details of its Text Accessibility Plan (TAP) for iPhone and iPhone 3G. Designed for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, have a speech disability and/or hearing loss, the TAP plan for original iPhone is $40 a month and includes unlimited SMS messaging, unlimited data, Visual Voicemail, and a $0.40 per minute voice rate. The TAP plan for iPhone 3G runs $50 a month, and includes the same features as the plan for original iPhones. Finally, AT&T will also offer a business version of the TAP plan for $65 per month that includes all the features of the standard TAP plans plus unlimited enterprise email.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apps of the Week: The Longest Journey Remastered, Facebook Groups, Dropbox 3.5.2 + Runkeeper 5.1
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0