Mix: Russian iPhone sales, Knock-off iPods, AT&T iPhone stock, DSLR remote
According to several reports, three of Russia’s mobile operators could be looking at significant contract penalties for failing to sell through their iPhone allotments. Three Russian carriers have committed to sell over one million iPhones a piece, while currently only 900,000 iPhones in total have been imported into the country. [via Engadget]
Apple Switzerland has threatened legal action against a Swiss Insurance company which gave 1,200 cheap Chinese knockoff 2G iPod shuffles to executives attending the Swiss Economic Forum. Among those in attendance who received the fake iPods was Adrian Schmucki, General Manager of Apple Switzerland AG. [via Cult of Mac]
AppleInsider reports that AT&T is also running short on new iPhone 3G units and has begun to offer refurbished units for sale instead.
onOne software has announced the submission of their DSLR Remote to the iTunes App Store. The DSLR remote provides control of certain tethered Canon EOS DSLRs from an iPhone or iPod touch device. The DSLR Remote app will be available in two versions: the $20 “Professional” version will initially be offered for $10 and will provide full control of your camera settings from your iPhone or iPod touch, as well as providing a live stream of a Live View-compatible camera’s viewfinder. A $2 “Lite” version will also be available, and useful only to fire the shutter.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?