Mix: Samsung, Jobs profile, iNames, Sprint Nextel, Costumes
Samsung plans to launch a digital music store similar to Apple’s iTunes, according to Choi Gee-sung, the head of the company’s digital media business.
The Independent has a profile of Apple CEO Steve Jobs that contains some interesting quotes. “I end up not buying a lot of things,” he says, when asked how he chooses which gadgets to buy. “Because I find them ridiculous.”
The Taipei Times looks at how Apple began using the “i” in product names.
Mobile Tracker reports: “Sprint Nextel today became the first US wireless carrier to launch its own music store. The Sprint Music Store offers more than 300,000 songs [$2.50 each] that can be downloaded directly to a mobile phone over-the-air.”
The Cult of Mac blog is rounding up photos of people dressed up like iPods for Halloween, as well as iPods that have been dressed up.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today