Mix: Samsung, Jobs profile, iNames, Sprint Nextel, Costumes
Samsung plans to launch a digital music store similar to Apple’s iTunes, according to Choi Gee-sung, the head of the company’s digital media business.
The Independent has a profile of Apple CEO Steve Jobs that contains some interesting quotes. “I end up not buying a lot of things,” he says, when asked how he chooses which gadgets to buy. “Because I find them ridiculous.”
The Taipei Times looks at how Apple began using the “i” in product names.
Mobile Tracker reports: “Sprint Nextel today became the first US wireless carrier to launch its own music store. The Sprint Music Store offers more than 300,000 songs [$2.50 each] that can be downloaded directly to a mobile phone over-the-air.”
The Cult of Mac blog is rounding up photos of people dressed up like iPods for Halloween, as well as iPods that have been dressed up.
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?