Mix: Samsung, Jobs profile, iNames, Sprint Nextel, Costumes
Samsung plans to launch a digital music store similar to Apple’s iTunes, according to Choi Gee-sung, the head of the company’s digital media business.
The Independent has a profile of Apple CEO Steve Jobs that contains some interesting quotes. “I end up not buying a lot of things,” he says, when asked how he chooses which gadgets to buy. “Because I find them ridiculous.”
The Taipei Times looks at how Apple began using the “i” in product names.
Mobile Tracker reports: “Sprint Nextel today became the first US wireless carrier to launch its own music store. The Sprint Music Store offers more than 300,000 songs [$2.50 each] that can be downloaded directly to a mobile phone over-the-air.”
The Cult of Mac blog is rounding up photos of people dressed up like iPods for Halloween, as well as iPods that have been dressed up.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?