Mix: Samsung, nano hacking, Kanye West, nano praise
Samsung has introduced a new high-capacity flash memory chip that could “let Apple and other makers of portable electronic devices pack more data into less failure-prone gadgets,” reports the AP. “The 16-gigabit NAND flash memory chip, equivalent to 2 gigabytes of storage, doubles a chip Samsung introduced last September.”
Make magazine has posted an article on how to hack the iPod nano. “The new iPod nano is out and while it’s not as hackable (yet) as it’s older cousins, you can do a few things like change the text strings, mod the font and even change the graphics (sorta). Here’s How to mod a pod, a work in progress for the iPod nano.”
Apple has reportedly cut the Kanye West performance from the QuickTime stream of its special event in San Francisco.
“The iPod nano is the slickest of the already-slick iPod model lineup. The pictures don’t do it justice,” says Mike Wendland for the Detroit Free Press. “You have to hold it in your hand. It is so slim—about the width of a No. 2 pencil—that the first reaction of everyone I have shown it to has been, “Whoa!” Or something very similar.”
From an engineering and design standpoint, the nano is truly a marvel,” writes Larry Magid for CBS News. “Apple took advantage of advances in both memory and battery technology to build an incredibly small music player. Compared to the mini it replaces, about the only downside I can think of is that the nano’s small size will make it easier to lose and break.”
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?