Mix: Santa Steve, Shuffle Case, Cars/Pirates, Microsoft Zune
All Apple employees, from corporate to retail, will reportedly receive a second-generation iPod shuffle as a gift from the company. According to AppleInsider, Apple CEO Steve Jobs sent out a company-wide email last week telling employees to expect their new shuffles by the end of the month.
A member of the Instructables website has found that the case that comes with Apple’s iPod In-Ear Headphones will also work great as a travel case for the second-generation iPod shuffle.
Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment reaffirmed today that Disney/Pixar’s “Cars,” the No. 1 animated film of the year, and Walt Disney Pictures’ “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest,” the No. 1 motion picture of the year, will be available for download from the iTunes Store. “Cars” will be available Nov. 7th, while “Pirates” will be available on Dec. 5th.
A recent survey conducted by ABI Research claims that many iPod owners are likely to consider purchasing Microsoft’s Zune player. “1725 teenage and adult US residents were asked whether they planned to buy an MP3 player in the next 12 months,” says ABI. “Of those responding that they were likely to do so, 58% of those identifying themselves as existing iPod owners and 59% of those who owned other brands said they would be ‘somewhat likely’ or ‘extremely likely’ to choose a Microsoft Zune player over an iPod or another brand of MP3 player.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: 80 Days
- Typo iPhone keyboard returns, updated, as Typo 2
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Report: Vivendi SA sold its Beats stake for $404 million
- Apple content delivery network for faster downloads now live in US, Europe
- Apps of the Week: NPR One, Crazy Taxi: City Rush, Interactive Alphabet 4.0 + more
- Report: Apple TV relaunch not coming this year
- Report: Apple eliminating positions of some Beats employees
- Russian government seeks Apple source code
- Square announces new Reader for chip cards
- Tylt Energi 2K Smart Travel Charger
- Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad Air
- Kenu Airframe+ Portable Car Mount
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks