Mix: Scandyna, Ferrari GT, Monopoly, App Store pricing
Scandyna Speakers has introduced its new Pink Dock Pack for iPod. The new speaker pack (pictured), exclusive to Saks Fifth Avenue, includes a pink iPod Dock, seven inserts for various iPod models, a 2x15 Watt RMS amplifier, two Micropod SE speakers, stereo line output for connecting a subwoofer, and a remote control. The Scandyna Pink Dock Pack is available now and sells for $300.
Gameloft has released its new Ferrari GT: Evolution game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The racing title lets players choose from 33 authentic Ferrari car models, and race in seven famous cities, including Madrid, Athens, and Rome. The game also offers three control modes and a multiplayer mode, and Gameloft is promising to add an online multiplayer mode in the next update. Ferrari GT: Evolution is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Electronic Arts has released its Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the popular board game, Monopoly Here & Now features a world-themed game board, a Wi-Fi multiplayer mode, the ability to save and resume games, “Did You Know?” Chance and Community Chest cards, and more. Players can shake their device to roll the dice or animate the movers, and can use the touch screen to flick and drag property cards, simulating a real-life game experience. Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition is available now from the App Store and sells for $8.
iPhone and Mac OS X developer Craig Hockenberry has posted an open letter discussing the consequences of the proliferation of $1 “ringtone” applications on the App Store. “We have a lot of great ideas for iPhone applications. Unfortunately, we’re not working on the cooler (and more complex) ideas,” Hockenberry writes. “Instead, we’re working on 99¢ titles that have a limited lifespan and broad appeal. Market conditions make ringtone apps most appealing.” He goes on to ask if focusing on lower-priced applications, which can’t financially support longer development cycles, will stifle innovation. “I also worry that this low price point for applications is going to limit innovation on the platform. Sure, apps like Ocarina and Koi Pond are very cool and very cheap. But when are we going to see the utility of the platform taken to another level, like when spreadsheets appeared on the Apple ][ and desktop publishing appeared on the Mac? ...It would be great if the killer app for the iPhone cost 99¢, but given the numbers above I can’t see it being very likely.”
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?