Mix: Scandyna, Ferrari GT, Monopoly, App Store pricing
Scandyna Speakers has introduced its new Pink Dock Pack for iPod. The new speaker pack (pictured), exclusive to Saks Fifth Avenue, includes a pink iPod Dock, seven inserts for various iPod models, a 2x15 Watt RMS amplifier, two Micropod SE speakers, stereo line output for connecting a subwoofer, and a remote control. The Scandyna Pink Dock Pack is available now and sells for $300.
Gameloft has released its new Ferrari GT: Evolution game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The racing title lets players choose from 33 authentic Ferrari car models, and race in seven famous cities, including Madrid, Athens, and Rome. The game also offers three control modes and a multiplayer mode, and Gameloft is promising to add an online multiplayer mode in the next update. Ferrari GT: Evolution is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Electronic Arts has released its Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the popular board game, Monopoly Here & Now features a world-themed game board, a Wi-Fi multiplayer mode, the ability to save and resume games, “Did You Know?” Chance and Community Chest cards, and more. Players can shake their device to roll the dice or animate the movers, and can use the touch screen to flick and drag property cards, simulating a real-life game experience. Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition is available now from the App Store and sells for $8.
iPhone and Mac OS X developer Craig Hockenberry has posted an open letter discussing the consequences of the proliferation of $1 “ringtone” applications on the App Store. “We have a lot of great ideas for iPhone applications. Unfortunately, we’re not working on the cooler (and more complex) ideas,” Hockenberry writes. “Instead, we’re working on 99¢ titles that have a limited lifespan and broad appeal. Market conditions make ringtone apps most appealing.” He goes on to ask if focusing on lower-priced applications, which can’t financially support longer development cycles, will stifle innovation. “I also worry that this low price point for applications is going to limit innovation on the platform. Sure, apps like Ocarina and Koi Pond are very cool and very cheap. But when are we going to see the utility of the platform taken to another level, like when spreadsheets appeared on the Apple ][ and desktop publishing appeared on the Mac? ...It would be great if the killer app for the iPhone cost 99¢, but given the numbers above I can’t see it being very likely.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Google settles patent litigation with Apple’s Rockstar consortium
- Corning announces Gorilla Glass 4
- Report: GT Advanced struggled with sapphire production
- Report: Apple plans to integrate Beats Music directly into iOS
- Apple plans to ‘repurpose’ Arizona manufacturing plant, save jobs
- Apple announces WatchKit software tools available to developers now
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M in pager technology settlement
- Apple opens up Lightning port to third-party manufacturers, begins accepting HomeKit plans
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Logitech Keys-to-Go For iPad
- IvySkin Renegade for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Infinity Infinity One Wireless Speaker
- Twelve South PlugBug World iPad/iPhone Charger
- Pelican Protector for iPhone 6 and Voyager for iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Flip for iPhone 6
- Griffin Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0