Mix: Scandyna, Ferrari GT, Monopoly, App Store pricing
Scandyna Speakers has introduced its new Pink Dock Pack for iPod. The new speaker pack (pictured), exclusive to Saks Fifth Avenue, includes a pink iPod Dock, seven inserts for various iPod models, a 2x15 Watt RMS amplifier, two Micropod SE speakers, stereo line output for connecting a subwoofer, and a remote control. The Scandyna Pink Dock Pack is available now and sells for $300.
Gameloft has released its new Ferrari GT: Evolution game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The racing title lets players choose from 33 authentic Ferrari car models, and race in seven famous cities, including Madrid, Athens, and Rome. The game also offers three control modes and a multiplayer mode, and Gameloft is promising to add an online multiplayer mode in the next update. Ferrari GT: Evolution is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
Electronic Arts has released its Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Based on the popular board game, Monopoly Here & Now features a world-themed game board, a Wi-Fi multiplayer mode, the ability to save and resume games, “Did You Know?” Chance and Community Chest cards, and more. Players can shake their device to roll the dice or animate the movers, and can use the touch screen to flick and drag property cards, simulating a real-life game experience. Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition is available now from the App Store and sells for $8.
iPhone and Mac OS X developer Craig Hockenberry has posted an open letter discussing the consequences of the proliferation of $1 “ringtone” applications on the App Store. “We have a lot of great ideas for iPhone applications. Unfortunately, we’re not working on the cooler (and more complex) ideas,” Hockenberry writes. “Instead, we’re working on 99¢ titles that have a limited lifespan and broad appeal. Market conditions make ringtone apps most appealing.” He goes on to ask if focusing on lower-priced applications, which can’t financially support longer development cycles, will stifle innovation. “I also worry that this low price point for applications is going to limit innovation on the platform. Sure, apps like Ocarina and Koi Pond are very cool and very cheap. But when are we going to see the utility of the platform taken to another level, like when spreadsheets appeared on the Apple ][ and desktop publishing appeared on the Mac? ...It would be great if the killer app for the iPhone cost 99¢, but given the numbers above I can’t see it being very likely.”
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?