Mix: Scrubs, Death Cab, Amazon.com, TomKat
The addition of Scrubs to the iTunes Music Store meant that NBC and ABC had to team up for an online first. Reuters reports: “While TV series for network broadcast are routinely produced by and licensed from studios of competing media companies, the ‘Scrubs’ deal marks the first such partnership for a prime-time program offered via the Internet for commercial download.”
The iTunes Music Store is now selling a video album version of Death Cab for Cutie’s latest album. “Each video has been created by a different director, each with his or her own unique vision of a song from Plans,” reads a description. “The outcome is an innovative and exciting combination of visual art and music, and it’s only available on iTunes.”
Merrill Lynch analyst Justin Post said he expects Amazon.com to launch its digital music service, and possibly its movie service, by the end of this year. Digital music seems to be the company’s “most pressing need,” Post said yesterday.
Hollywood star Tom Cruise has reportedly given his actress girlfriend Katie Holmes an iPod to help her stay silent during childbirth, which is a Scientology recommendation.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?