Mix: Scrubs, Death Cab, Amazon.com, TomKat
The addition of Scrubs to the iTunes Music Store meant that NBC and ABC had to team up for an online first. Reuters reports: “While TV series for network broadcast are routinely produced by and licensed from studios of competing media companies, the ‘Scrubs’ deal marks the first such partnership for a prime-time program offered via the Internet for commercial download.”
The iTunes Music Store is now selling a video album version of Death Cab for Cutie’s latest album. “Each video has been created by a different director, each with his or her own unique vision of a song from Plans,” reads a description. “The outcome is an innovative and exciting combination of visual art and music, and it’s only available on iTunes.”
Merrill Lynch analyst Justin Post said he expects Amazon.com to launch its digital music service, and possibly its movie service, by the end of this year. Digital music seems to be the company’s “most pressing need,” Post said yesterday.
Hollywood star Tom Cruise has reportedly given his actress girlfriend Katie Holmes an iPod to help her stay silent during childbirth, which is a Scientology recommendation.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards