Mix: SF Giants, imeem, iDroids, Touch Karma
The San Francisco Giants have launched Giants Digital Dugout, a system that provides iPhone and iPod touch users with a special interface when connected to AT&T Park’s Wi-Fi network. Digital Dugout lets users see current score and stat details, find the closest concession location with the exact type of food they want, and watch a collection of video highlights that includes replays of any controversial call within three minutes of it happening. The service is free to all guests of the park.
Social music service imeem has released its imeem Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application allows imeem users to search for bands and create custom artist stations that play music from those artists and others like them, stream their music library, which has been uploaded to imeem.com, to their iPhone or iPod touch, purchase songs through iTunes with one click, and browse music recommendations based on listening habits of both the user and community as a whole. Imeem Mobile is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Aritificial Life has released iDroids, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The side-scrolling game features 11 missions set in multiple locales, various weapons including a blaster, shield, stealth suit, and more, multiple control schemes, and social networking connectivity. iDroids is available now for $2; a free Lite version is also available.
Karma World has released Touch Karma, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Touch Karma offers users three mini applications, one for tracking kids’ good and bad deeds, one for tracking positive and negative actions of friends and co-workers, and a virtual piggy bank to encourage saving habits. Touch Karma is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks