Mix: SF Giants, imeem, iDroids, Touch Karma
The San Francisco Giants have launched Giants Digital Dugout, a system that provides iPhone and iPod touch users with a special interface when connected to AT&T Park’s Wi-Fi network. Digital Dugout lets users see current score and stat details, find the closest concession location with the exact type of food they want, and watch a collection of video highlights that includes replays of any controversial call within three minutes of it happening. The service is free to all guests of the park.
Social music service imeem has released its imeem Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application allows imeem users to search for bands and create custom artist stations that play music from those artists and others like them, stream their music library, which has been uploaded to imeem.com, to their iPhone or iPod touch, purchase songs through iTunes with one click, and browse music recommendations based on listening habits of both the user and community as a whole. Imeem Mobile is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Aritificial Life has released iDroids, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The side-scrolling game features 11 missions set in multiple locales, various weapons including a blaster, shield, stealth suit, and more, multiple control schemes, and social networking connectivity. iDroids is available now for $2; a free Lite version is also available.
Karma World has released Touch Karma, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Touch Karma offers users three mini applications, one for tracking kids’ good and bad deeds, one for tracking positive and negative actions of friends and co-workers, and a virtual piggy bank to encourage saving habits. Touch Karma is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Apple releases iOS 8.1
- Apple launches iCloud Photos Beta Web Client
- Apple working to cut music subscription prices
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Store returns, begins taking iPad pre-orders
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Belkin announces QODE keyboards for iPad Air 2
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air
- Uniq Aircraft Clear for iPhone 6
- STM Harbour for iPhone 6 Plus
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12