Mix: SF Giants, imeem, iDroids, Touch Karma
The San Francisco Giants have launched Giants Digital Dugout, a system that provides iPhone and iPod touch users with a special interface when connected to AT&T Park’s Wi-Fi network. Digital Dugout lets users see current score and stat details, find the closest concession location with the exact type of food they want, and watch a collection of video highlights that includes replays of any controversial call within three minutes of it happening. The service is free to all guests of the park.
Social music service imeem has released its imeem Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch. The application allows imeem users to search for bands and create custom artist stations that play music from those artists and others like them, stream their music library, which has been uploaded to imeem.com, to their iPhone or iPod touch, purchase songs through iTunes with one click, and browse music recommendations based on listening habits of both the user and community as a whole. Imeem Mobile is available now as a free download from the App Store.
Aritificial Life has released iDroids, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The side-scrolling game features 11 missions set in multiple locales, various weapons including a blaster, shield, stealth suit, and more, multiple control schemes, and social networking connectivity. iDroids is available now for $2; a free Lite version is also available.
Karma World has released Touch Karma, its new application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Touch Karma offers users three mini applications, one for tracking kids’ good and bad deeds, one for tracking positive and negative actions of friends and co-workers, and a virtual piggy bank to encourage saving habits. Touch Karma is available now from the App Store and sells for $3.
- India officially rejects Apple’s bid to sell used phones
- Apple’s new ‘Echo rival’ may feature a camera
- Apple ‘working rapidly’ to extend Apple Pay to more countries
- Report: Apple’s Siri-based Amazon Echo competitor will be a new Apple TV
- Report: Apple SVP Eddy Cue proposed bid to buy Time Warner
- Beta testing for Pokémon GO begins in the U.S.
- Apple’s plan to open stores in India hits a snag (Update: India’s finance minister ratifies ruling)
- Apple looking into charging stations for electric cars
- Apple hires hint at improvements in encryption, health monitoring
- Hyundai adds CarPlay support to more vehicles
- OtterBox Symmetry Series Hybrid Case for 12.9” iPad Pro
- Logitech Logi BASE Charging Stand for iPad Pro
- Twelve South TimePorter for Apple Watch
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)