Mix: shuffle dissection, Dell, shadow mode, Gruber
AppleMatters has posted several iPod shuffle dissection photos. The innards slide out by pulling on the USB plug after removing the switch on the device’s backside. (It is not clear whether one has to pop off the round controls on the shuffle’s face.
In an interview with Silicon.com, Dell CEO Kevin Rollins says Apple isn’t “in the same league” as Dell and that the iPod is a “fad” and a “one-product wonder.”
Scott Knaster has noted a new feature in iTunes 4.7.1 for the iPod shuffle. The “shadow mode” option keeps your shuffle in the Source list even after you’ve ejected it so you edit its contents at any time for easy updating later.
Daring Fireball’s John Gruber has posted great article on Apple’s new Mac mini and iPod shuffle. The Mac pundit offers several insightful thoughts.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?