Mix: Silent Hill, Safari+, Zune lockup, Sena Cases
Konami has released its previously announced Silent Hill: The Escape game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In the first person shooter survival horror game, users are asked to use touch controls to navigate through a zombie-infested labyrinth in order to escape. Silent Hill: The Escape is available now from the App Store and sells for $8.
iPuhelin.com is now offering Safari+, a collection of bookmarklets for the iPhone and iPod touch’s version of Safari which enhance the browsing experience by adding functionality found on desktop browsers. The bookmarklets include features such as find in page, find similar sites, list all links, scroll to end, translation, open links in new window, and more. To add the Safari+ bookmarklets to an iPhone or iPod touch, simply visit the Safari+ website directly from the device.
A number of 30GB Microsoft Zune owners are reporting that their devices are spontaneously locking up, leaving the players unusable. The problem apparently started sometime late last night or early this morning, and appears to only affect 30GB units. Microsoft has yet to comment on the matter.
Sena Cases has announced it will be offering live demonstrations of its customized case making process at its booth at Macworld Expo next week. According to the company, customers will be able to select an individualized design, leather type, leather color/pattern, and add/remove additional features such as clips and closure systems to each case. In addition, each case may be further personalized with laser engraving text, a company logo or graphic. Sena Cases’ customization options will be available in early 2009.
- Tim Cook to host Hillary Clinton fundraiser
- Report: Apple to update Apple Store app with personalized recommendations
- Report: Apple now prioritizing autonomous driving system in car project
- WSJ: Apple’s ‘hard-charging’ approach unsuccessful in negotiations with TV networks
- Video purports to show official Lightning to 3.5mm headphone adapter
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Elgato Avea Flare Portable Mood Light
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app