Mix: Silent Hill, Safari+, Zune lockup, Sena Cases
Konami has released its previously announced Silent Hill: The Escape game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In the first person shooter survival horror game, users are asked to use touch controls to navigate through a zombie-infested labyrinth in order to escape. Silent Hill: The Escape is available now from the App Store and sells for $8.
iPuhelin.com is now offering Safari+, a collection of bookmarklets for the iPhone and iPod touch’s version of Safari which enhance the browsing experience by adding functionality found on desktop browsers. The bookmarklets include features such as find in page, find similar sites, list all links, scroll to end, translation, open links in new window, and more. To add the Safari+ bookmarklets to an iPhone or iPod touch, simply visit the Safari+ website directly from the device.
A number of 30GB Microsoft Zune owners are reporting that their devices are spontaneously locking up, leaving the players unusable. The problem apparently started sometime late last night or early this morning, and appears to only affect 30GB units. Microsoft has yet to comment on the matter.
Sena Cases has announced it will be offering live demonstrations of its customized case making process at its booth at Macworld Expo next week. According to the company, customers will be able to select an individualized design, leather type, leather color/pattern, and add/remove additional features such as clips and closure systems to each case. In addition, each case may be further personalized with laser engraving text, a company logo or graphic. Sena Cases’ customization options will be available in early 2009.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple reverses course on iOS calculator widgets
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Rokform Crystal v3 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Bodycon, LifePro, and Helio for iPhone 6 + Bodycon for iPhone 6 Plus
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0