Mix: Silent Hill, Safari+, Zune lockup, Sena Cases
Published: Wednesday, December 31, 2008
News Categories: Mix
Konami has released its previously announced Silent Hill: The Escape game for the iPhone and iPod touch. In the first person shooter survival horror game, users are asked to use touch controls to navigate through a zombie-infested labyrinth in order to escape. Silent Hill: The Escape is available now from the App Store and sells for $8.
iPuhelin.com is now offering Safari+, a collection of bookmarklets for the iPhone and iPod touch’s version of Safari which enhance the browsing experience by adding functionality found on desktop browsers. The bookmarklets include features such as find in page, find similar sites, list all links, scroll to end, translation, open links in new window, and more. To add the Safari+ bookmarklets to an iPhone or iPod touch, simply visit the Safari+ website directly from the device.
A number of 30GB Microsoft Zune owners are reporting that their devices are spontaneously locking up, leaving the players unusable. The problem apparently started sometime late last night or early this morning, and appears to only affect 30GB units. Microsoft has yet to comment on the matter.
Sena Cases has announced it will be offering live demonstrations of its customized case making process at its booth at Macworld Expo next week. According to the company, customers will be able to select an individualized design, leather type, leather color/pattern, and add/remove additional features such as clips and closure systems to each case. In addition, each case may be further personalized with laser engraving text, a company logo or graphic. Sena Cases’ customization options will be available in early 2009.
- Mix: EU iPhone Preorders, In-Cell Patent, Jobs’ Home Theft
- Mix: iCloud suit, iTunes TOS, Airplane Crash, iPad at Saks
- Mix: Air Guitar, Infinite Loop, Tardis Case, Loop Nano
- Mix: iPad 3, Semiconductors, Foxconn, 2011 ADAs
- Mix: Universal, iCloud icon, Apple retail, The Beatles
- Mix: Explosion, France Telecom, Freescale, Samsung
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- New apps aim to fix iOS 7 wallpaper issues
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, new giveaway
- Apple quietly releases 74% iOS 7 adoption estimate
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Tabu Lumen TL800 App Enabled LED Color Smart Bulb
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts