Mix: Song cuts, Microsoft, iPod applications, iPhone
Nielsen Entertainment Research says that music labels keep about 34 cents from each 99-cent music track sold through services such as iTunes. Approximately 31 cents goes to the seller, and about 34 cents is paid out for rights and royalties.
Microsoft is reorganizing its entertainment division in a bid to take on Apple’s iPod and the iTunes Music Store. The software giant did not rule out a Microsoft-branded portable media device.
According to a recent company job posting, Apple is currently looking for qualified software developers to help build “new complex” iPod applications for the Windows operating system.
Morgan Stanley’s Rebecca Runkle is the latest analyst to speculate that Apple will introduce an “iPhone” next year. She says Apple shares may surge 25 percent in the next year on new products and iPod sales growth.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?