Mix: Song cuts, Microsoft, iPod applications, iPhone
Nielsen Entertainment Research says that music labels keep about 34 cents from each 99-cent music track sold through services such as iTunes. Approximately 31 cents goes to the seller, and about 34 cents is paid out for rights and royalties.
Microsoft is reorganizing its entertainment division in a bid to take on Apple’s iPod and the iTunes Music Store. The software giant did not rule out a Microsoft-branded portable media device.
According to a recent company job posting, Apple is currently looking for qualified software developers to help build “new complex” iPod applications for the Windows operating system.
Morgan Stanley’s Rebecca Runkle is the latest analyst to speculate that Apple will introduce an “iPhone” next year. She says Apple shares may surge 25 percent in the next year on new products and iPod sales growth.
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?