Mix: Speck promo, Bill Gates, Ear infections, Bill O’Reilly
Speck Products has announced a new Holiday Special. From November 20th to November 27th, buy any two regularly priced iPod cases from Speck, and you’ll get a compatible “surprise case” for free.
During a speech at Stanford University last week, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates said the iPod was “phenomenal, unbelievable, fantastic.” He said Microsoft’s goal with the Zune is “more modest” than replacing the iPod. “It’s a growing market… we can get some of the new users and some of the switchers. We need to excite people about the concept - the idea of sharing” music and video through Zune’s built-in WiFi.
In her “Ask The Doctor” column for The Australian, Linda Calabresi answers a question about whether wearing iPod earphones for too long could cause ear infections. “Earphones and ear plugs will not cause an infection by themselves,” she says. “However, with prolonged use they can sometimes irritate the ear canal, making it more prone to an infection. You could possibly reinfect yourself if you used them while you had an outer-ear infection.”
Even though he sells memberships to podcasts of his radio show, Bill O’Reilly recently said on air that the iPod and PlayStation 3 are examples of how “American society is changing for the worse because of the machines.” He later said, “I don’t own an iPod. I would never wear an iPod… If this is your primary focus in life - the machines… it’s going to have a staggeringly negative effect, all of this, for America.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards