Mix: Speck promo, Bill Gates, Ear infections, Bill O’Reilly
Speck Products has announced a new Holiday Special. From November 20th to November 27th, buy any two regularly priced iPod cases from Speck, and you’ll get a compatible “surprise case” for free.
During a speech at Stanford University last week, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates said the iPod was “phenomenal, unbelievable, fantastic.” He said Microsoft’s goal with the Zune is “more modest” than replacing the iPod. “It’s a growing market… we can get some of the new users and some of the switchers. We need to excite people about the concept - the idea of sharing” music and video through Zune’s built-in WiFi.
In her “Ask The Doctor” column for The Australian, Linda Calabresi answers a question about whether wearing iPod earphones for too long could cause ear infections. “Earphones and ear plugs will not cause an infection by themselves,” she says. “However, with prolonged use they can sometimes irritate the ear canal, making it more prone to an infection. You could possibly reinfect yourself if you used them while you had an outer-ear infection.”
Even though he sells memberships to podcasts of his radio show, Bill O’Reilly recently said on air that the iPod and PlayStation 3 are examples of how “American society is changing for the worse because of the machines.” He later said, “I don’t own an iPod. I would never wear an iPod… If this is your primary focus in life - the machines… it’s going to have a staggeringly negative effect, all of this, for America.”
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today