Mix: Speck promo, Bill Gates, Ear infections, Bill O’Reilly
Speck Products has announced a new Holiday Special. From November 20th to November 27th, buy any two regularly priced iPod cases from Speck, and you’ll get a compatible “surprise case” for free.
During a speech at Stanford University last week, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates said the iPod was “phenomenal, unbelievable, fantastic.” He said Microsoft’s goal with the Zune is “more modest” than replacing the iPod. “It’s a growing market… we can get some of the new users and some of the switchers. We need to excite people about the concept - the idea of sharing” music and video through Zune’s built-in WiFi.
In her “Ask The Doctor” column for The Australian, Linda Calabresi answers a question about whether wearing iPod earphones for too long could cause ear infections. “Earphones and ear plugs will not cause an infection by themselves,” she says. “However, with prolonged use they can sometimes irritate the ear canal, making it more prone to an infection. You could possibly reinfect yourself if you used them while you had an outer-ear infection.”
Even though he sells memberships to podcasts of his radio show, Bill O’Reilly recently said on air that the iPod and PlayStation 3 are examples of how “American society is changing for the worse because of the machines.” He later said, “I don’t own an iPod. I would never wear an iPod… If this is your primary focus in life - the machines… it’s going to have a staggeringly negative effect, all of this, for America.”
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?