Mix: Spore Apology, MTS Russia, Another 3G lawsuit
For the first time ever, Apple is emailing Click Wheel iPod users who purchased Spore Origins to notify them of an updated version, which is automatically added to the user’s iTunes Store download queue. The email reads, “The iPod Click Wheel game “Spore Origins” you recently purchased may not function properly on your iPod nano (3rd generation), iPod classic, or iPod (5th generation). We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase, so we have placed an updated version of “Spore Origins” in your download queue.” Spore Origins was pulled from the iTunes Store shortly after its release due to a bug that caused the game to lock up on iPod classic and some fifth-generation iPod models; the game has since been updated and is once again available on the iTunes Store.
Mobile TeleSystems (MTS), Russia’s largest cellular operator, has become the country’s third carrier to announce that it has reached an agreement with Apple to offer the iPhone in Russia. “Sales of iPhones in Russia will start this year,” the company said in a statement. Rival carriers MegaFon and Vimpelcom have also announced they will begin sales of the handset later this year.
A third lawsuit has been filed against Apple and AT&T accusing the companies of misrepresenting iPhone 3G speeds and network performance and failing to disclose “defective” third-party apps on the App Store. Relying in part on Internet reports as proof, plaintiff Eulardi Tanseco claims that Apple and AT&T violated New Jersey’s Consumer Fraud Act, its Uniform Commercial Code and the terms of its contract by knowingly advertising service they couldn’t maintain. The suit is seeking class action status, and is asking for both compensation and punitive damages.
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?