Mix: Stanford, 3G MicroCell, iLife ‘09, Cocktails+
Students of Stanford University’s iPhone Application Programming class have posted a new website showcasing their final projects, while the University itself has posted materials from the class online. Among the student-created apps are a motion-based music game, Craigslist app, English-Chinese dictionary, and a webpage downloading app, while materials from the class include both lecture notes in PDF format as well as sample code. [via Ars Technica]
AT&T has unveiled the webpage for its upcoming 3G MicroCell service and hardware. The 3G MicroCell acts like a personal mini cell tower, connecting to AT&T’s network via the user’s existing broadband Internet service offering improved signal performance for both voice and data for up to four users. The device will require its own service plan; pricing has yet to be announced.
Apple has announced that iLife ‘09, the latest version of its digital media suite, will be available beginning tomorrow. The suite includes an updated version of photo-management application iPhoto which offers the ability to export slideshows to the iPhone and iPod touch and a new “Places” feature automatically imports photo location data from iPhone pictures, as well as a new dedicated section for iPhone ringtones in GarageBand ‘09. iLife ‘09 is priced at $79.
Skorpiostech has announced that its Cocktails drink recipe database application for the iPhone and iPod touch has been renamed Cocktails+ and updated to version 1.5. New in the updated version is an expanded Contemporary Masters recipe section with recipes from Dale Degroff and Gonçalo De Souza Monteiro and a dedicated tab, an ingredient reference, and an assortment of new recipes. Cocktails+ 1.5 is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?