Mix: Stanford, 3G MicroCell, iLife ‘09, Cocktails+
Students of Stanford University’s iPhone Application Programming class have posted a new website showcasing their final projects, while the University itself has posted materials from the class online. Among the student-created apps are a motion-based music game, Craigslist app, English-Chinese dictionary, and a webpage downloading app, while materials from the class include both lecture notes in PDF format as well as sample code. [via Ars Technica]
AT&T has unveiled the webpage for its upcoming 3G MicroCell service and hardware. The 3G MicroCell acts like a personal mini cell tower, connecting to AT&T’s network via the user’s existing broadband Internet service offering improved signal performance for both voice and data for up to four users. The device will require its own service plan; pricing has yet to be announced.
Apple has announced that iLife ‘09, the latest version of its digital media suite, will be available beginning tomorrow. The suite includes an updated version of photo-management application iPhoto which offers the ability to export slideshows to the iPhone and iPod touch and a new “Places” feature automatically imports photo location data from iPhone pictures, as well as a new dedicated section for iPhone ringtones in GarageBand ‘09. iLife ‘09 is priced at $79.
Skorpiostech has announced that its Cocktails drink recipe database application for the iPhone and iPod touch has been renamed Cocktails+ and updated to version 1.5. New in the updated version is an expanded Contemporary Masters recipe section with recipes from Dale Degroff and Gonçalo De Souza Monteiro and a dedicated tab, an ingredient reference, and an assortment of new recipes. Cocktails+ 1.5 is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q4 2014 earnings call
- Apple Q4 2014: 39.3M iPhones, 12.3M iPads, 2.6M iPods, $42.1B revenue
- Apple releases Apple TV Software Update 7.0.1
- Apple releases iOS 8.1
- Apple launches iCloud Photos Beta Web Client
- Apple working to cut music subscription prices
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Store returns, begins taking iPad pre-orders
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Belkin announces QODE keyboards for iPad Air 2
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- APC M5BK + M10BK 5000/10000mAh Mobile Power Packs
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini
- IK Multimedia iRig Pads MIDI Groove Controller
- Hex Icon Wallet and Solo Wallet for iPhone 6
- SwitchEasy 0.35, LifePocket + Numbers for iPhone 6
- GE Link Connected LED Bulb + Wink Hub
- Belkin Qode Ultimate Pro Keyboard Case for iPad Air
- Uniq Aircraft Clear for iPhone 6
- STM Harbour for iPhone 6 Plus
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12