Mix: Stanford, 3G MicroCell, iLife ‘09, Cocktails+
Students of Stanford University’s iPhone Application Programming class have posted a new website showcasing their final projects, while the University itself has posted materials from the class online. Among the student-created apps are a motion-based music game, Craigslist app, English-Chinese dictionary, and a webpage downloading app, while materials from the class include both lecture notes in PDF format as well as sample code. [via Ars Technica]
AT&T has unveiled the webpage for its upcoming 3G MicroCell service and hardware. The 3G MicroCell acts like a personal mini cell tower, connecting to AT&T’s network via the user’s existing broadband Internet service offering improved signal performance for both voice and data for up to four users. The device will require its own service plan; pricing has yet to be announced.
Apple has announced that iLife ‘09, the latest version of its digital media suite, will be available beginning tomorrow. The suite includes an updated version of photo-management application iPhoto which offers the ability to export slideshows to the iPhone and iPod touch and a new “Places” feature automatically imports photo location data from iPhone pictures, as well as a new dedicated section for iPhone ringtones in GarageBand ‘09. iLife ‘09 is priced at $79.
Skorpiostech has announced that its Cocktails drink recipe database application for the iPhone and iPod touch has been renamed Cocktails+ and updated to version 1.5. New in the updated version is an expanded Contemporary Masters recipe section with recipes from Dale Degroff and Gonçalo De Souza Monteiro and a dedicated tab, an ingredient reference, and an assortment of new recipes. Cocktails+ 1.5 is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
- Verizon to allow users to opt out of web tracking ‘supercookies’
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- RooCase ORB Tablet System
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- How do I turn off Reachability on the iPhone 6 Plus?
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards